- 1 Notices / Schedule
- 2 Firefox Development
- 3 Firefox Developer Tools
- 4 Performance
- 5 GFX
- 6 JS
- 7 Layout
- 8 Video
- 9 DOM
- 10 WebAPI
- 11 Network
- 12 Plugins
- 13 Mobile
- 14 Accessibility
- 15 Multi-Process
- 16 Tree Management
- 17 Security
- 18 Stability Report
- 19 Roundtable
Notices / Schedule
- We are chemspilling for a security issue with the DigiNotar CA.
- This means new versions of Firefox for desktop (3.6.21, 6.0.1, 7, 8, and 9) and mobile (6.0.1, 7, 8, and 9), Thunderbird (3.1.13, and 6.0.1) and SeaMonkey (2.3.2)
- The impact on the old 3.6.21, now 3.6.22 schedule are TBD
- More Lion theme work by Dao, Markus and Stephen: bug 681425, bug 680256, bug 681974
- Continued work by Paolo Amadini on new download manager UI: bug 564934 / bug 663772
- Continued work by Jez Ng and Paul O'Shanessy on sessionstore e10s: bug 516755
Firefox Developer Tools
- Initial style inspector patch landed on fx-team. bug 582596, improvements incoming.
- Console API storage patches landed.
- Posted a thread to dev.platform on getting rid of dev.performance
- Collection of general bugs related to Mobile Performance
- Collection of bugs related to Mobile Startup
- We think that OpenGL ES accelerated layer composition on Nightly builds for Android is ready to be tested by technical users.
- There are still some known minor rendering glitches when pinch-zooming or panning; single frames are drawn at the wrong scale.
- Apparently, Adreno-based handhelds (like the Nexus One) freeze when using GL-accelerated layers; maybe don't try it on those phones.
- To turn it on, set
about:config, and restart your browser.
- Type Inference has landed!
- This is Brian Hackett's work + some help from contributor Jan de Mooij
- 30% improvement on V8-v6 benchmark
- Even more on Kraken, fast on lots of other stuff too
- Formed the IonMonkey project team, already emailed about this
- More 3D transforms stuff landed, some more to come before we can try turning it on by default (mattwoodrow)
- Discovered an interesting regression on Facebook where they feed -webkit properties to any browser that Modernizr says supports 3D transforms :-(
- Jonathan Kew persuaded some authors of TeX hyphenation dictionaries to relicense their dictionaries to be a bit more liberal, so we will ship dictionaries for some more languages
- Team status:
- dbaron: review hell, investigating mobile text resizing
- dholbert: CSS3 flexbox
- matspal, tnikkel: bug fixing
- fantasai: getting started on page-break-*
- jfkthame: bug fixing, patches for Graphite font support
- jwatt: converting SVG code to use display lists and be more like other layout code
- heycam: WebIDL, reworking SVG text to use CSS layout
- smontagu: implementing and unicode-bidi:isolate
- Landed support for temporal media fragment URIs (e.g. http://example.com/video.ogg#t=10,20) (doublec)
- UI piece (changes to built-in controls) still needs to land
- Team status:
- doublec: bug fixing
- kinetik: tidying up libcubeb sound library for review
- karl: reviews, tuning the lighting in the Auckland office
- cpearce: fixing remaining issues with fullscreen API (such as multiprocess support)
- rgiles: starting on WebVTT subtitles
- derf, jmvalin: Opus work, WebRTC standards discussion, WebRTC demo hacking
- rjesup: WebRTC
- roc: MediaStreams processing infrastructure
- Progress on WebSMS (can now delete stored messages). Runs on Android and B2G
- WebUSB is coming along on windows
- Bent started working on WebTelephony. Will only run on B2G due to API limitations in Android
- Pre-honeycomb flash support (click to play) patches up. bug 630007.
- More tablet UI has landed
- Transparency seems to cause a scrolling perf hit
- Webkit Honeycomb source are now available.
- #1 Android crash: Bug 663494
- ADUs Friday - Migration of blocklist (AMO) to new Data Center resulted in missing some ADUs (note the wacky numbers for Friday). The issue has corrected itself.
- Duplicate Reports - Algorithm for dupes in Socorro probably needs follow up.
- Missing Bug IDs in Socorro: Bug 681682
- Trunk - 9.0a1
- [@ RenderTargetStateHolder::PushToDevice(ID3D10Device*, CD3DSurface*) ] - appears as new signature but is the same user. Will file if volume increases.
- Mac 10.7 specific crash - Bug 670842
- Flash stats
- Summary of daily % of Flash hangs and crashes since 03/01/11
- Still working on trying to figure out how to get better tools and data to make progress on these Bug 637661.
- Thinking about some session at the all-hands to make more traction on these.
- Bug 665775 and Bug 622140 - blocklist issue that has been lingering since about June. It accounts for a significant volume of crashes so we are working on getting this resolved.
- Working on a couple of session proposals for the all-hands related to crashes.
- Naoki has a detailed report for Mobile - https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Fennec/crash_rep_29Aug2011.
- Big issue - really not enough ADUs on Nightly and Aurora.
- A few issues we need to get addressed ASAP
- Crash Highlights
- Fennec 9a1: at least 81.2 % of crashers are new (out of 186 crashes); Fennec 8 has a lot of new crashers as well.
- Top crash in 6 & 7 - Bug 663494
- Special crashkill meeting today at noon to talk about how to make these crashes more visible - isolate the high volume reproducible ones and get them in front of devs.
- Guest developers for test days (joe)
- Joe Drew did two videos as part of being a "guest developer" on last Friday's test day:
- Others who would like to be test day guests are wanted! The idea is to explain things about your workflow, how to do something that might not be obvious, or any other thing you might want to show to our triagers and testers.
- Contact Matt Evans or Anthony Hughes about participating.
- Blizzard contacting team leads for priorities and feature pages.