- [ON TRACK] Ship Firefox 5 on the new Rapid Release schedule
Crashes & Stability
- [DONE] Delivering a clear prioritized list of engineering requirements for the improving crash analysis to the Socorro team.
- Ensuring these are scheduled into Socorro releases and tracked.
- Regular sychs with the Socorro team.
- In reality this is ongoing since we have a continual stream of requirements. We did take a snapshot of issues in bugzilla, prioritize those and get the Socorro to assign to scheduled releases. We have a pipeline for future requests so I am declaring victory here.
- [DONE] Framework and process for monitoring and communicating stability information that supports the new rapid release model.
- Wiki pages for keep track of top crashes and issues for each channel.
- Regular stability reports and summaries for channel meetings.
- We are doing well on this but I will likely make some changes for Q3.
- [DONE] Evaluation and assessment of an algorithm for detecting explosive crashes. Once vetted, this will be integrated into Socorro. bug 629062
- See how the algorithm performs during the FF5 release cycle and tweak appropriately.
- We are working on getting this integrate with Socorro.
- [MISSED] Initial discussions and thinking around how to handle content and jetpack crashes.
- bug 578687
- Not much accomplished here but it's on Kairo's radar for Q3.
- [MISSED] Put in place a more concrete plan on how to make progress on some of the harder crashes ie: malware, plugins.
- We did a great job with browser crashes for FF4 but need to have a similar push for dealing with plugin issues and harder problems.
- Try and give these initiatives more focus - regular discussions with outreach folks.
- I think we need to bite off a smaller goal for Q3.
- [DONE] Setup framework/process for managing channel related activities.
- [MISSED] More synergy with other program and project managers
- This is hard to evaluate goals and success on.
- Schedule regular meetups to exchange information.
- IRC channel for PMs.
- Integrating more PMs into the organizaion.
- [DONE] Channel switcher - to land in FF5
- Channel Switching Feature Page
- We removed it but it was resolved to completion.
- [PROPOSED] Adding comments to plugin crashes
- [PROPOSED] Make about:crashes more useful
- [DONE] e10s - getting things moving
- Working closely with Johnath and Bsmedberg to get this moving forward.
- Goals on my side would be to ensure the team is meeting regularly, some feature pages to track work, milestones outlined.
- We may not have anything implemented by the end of Q2 but we should have a well-formed plan and strategy.