Projects & Programs
- [DONE] Provide management assistance running meetings
- [DROPPED] Identify 4Q goals for project and track short term goals to completion
- [DONE] Manage effort running weekly meetings
- [DONE] Engage with Engagement, Product Management, releng, Security, and QA and keep them involved in the project
- [MISSED] Kill major update pain points in 4Q
- [DONE] Micro goal - have all update work items on a release train by end of 2011. Some of this spilled over to 2012 but I am going to declare success here.
- [DONE] Socorro Q4 goals - features/bugs we would like to see implemented in Q4 to support the mandate of crashkill
- [MISSED] Dashboard for managing crash landscape - incoming crash rate, fixes crash rate, per component breakdown and release to release comparison
- Blocked on metrics work.
- [DONE] Triage process for handling new crash bugs logged
- Cleaned up subsets of bugs and have process for tracking incoming/outgoing. Top crashes and reproducible crashes.
- [DONE] Work with engineering teams to identify and implement probes for top three Blizzard questions.
- [MISSED] Improve adoption rate from current 2% on release and nightly.
- Create standards of legitimacy for responsiveness tests - clear methodology and configuration for running tests.
- [DONE] Startup path
- [MISSED] Battery usage
- [DONE] Page load
- [DONE] Zooming
- [DONE] Panning
- [DONE] Create repeatable process for the above testing to benchmark.
- [DROPPED] Video stream capture for mobile devices set-up in engineering to get benchmarks.
- A project plan to retrofit automated test harnesses to be Java compliant.
- [DONE] Skipped over project plan and got Robotium standing up
- [DONE] Project plan and schedule for development.
- Not a formal MS project plan but informal wiki pages up to date with schedule and dates.
- [MISSED] Detailed analysis of how we use bugzilla within engineering - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/BugzillaInterviews
- Did pretty well with this but goal is now end of Jan 2012.
- [DROPPED] Weekly, high functioning meeting where project managers and product managers get together and track the status and issues around features, programs and bugs - "Directly Responsible Individual" (DRI) meeting.
- We weren't quite ready for this and don't have enough PMs to do this yet.
- [MISSED] Proposal for tracking triage of incoming bugs.
General Program Management
- [MISSED] Develop initial template/tool for managing programs consistently
- [DONE] Elaborate program management related material (wiki) and continue to educate engineering teams about pm