- Update on hiring
- Recent organizational changes
- Mozilla Summit 2013
- GDC update - let Martin bask in the glory
- FFOS - upcoming work week, help down the stretch
- Mozilla-wide PM meet-up
- Q2 goals
- Product Requirements Management System - https://productmanagers.etherpad.mozilla.org/20?
- Status rejigger is complete
- Train Schedule Cheat sheets: http://people.mozilla.com/~elancaster/PMTools/
- Features, features, features: Planning, scoping, tracking
- Wrapping up Git information collection
- Restructuring performance program coordination around smaller projects with defined technical owners, monthly program review
- Mobile Web compat
- Making progress on hiring
- Slow progress on site outreach
- Need to sit down and create detailed project plans to focus effort
- Telemetry looking at project reboot based on lessons learned from developers using the tool
- 4-way meeting with TEF/LG/QC/Moz to review v1.1 Plan A and Plan B schedules
- Update timelines for v1.0.1 with lauch dates
- Update timeline for v1.1
- Work on messaging for v1.1 Plan A and Plan B
- Iteration #5: April 1, 2013 - April 12, 2013
- The review of the V1 Feature List will be conducted on Tuesday April 16.
- Product Manager's recommendations for those features that can be removed from the initial release will be presented to the project team for their feedback.
- Those features selected for removal will be taken into account in the production release forecast of the Iteration #5 status report.
- Merged the project's 'On Hold' and 'To Be Planned' backlogs into one (Planning) to simplify the process of organizing stories (features, defects and changes) which require modification before entering the story backlog for selection in upcoming iterations.
- Created a new backlog to manage the project's defect and change stories (Defect & Change Backlog) to better prioritize them in isolation.
- A cap on the number of defect and change story points allocated to each upcoming iteration will be implemented.
- This initiative will assist in managing the contingency fund allocated to defect and change stories so the project does not deplete them too soon.
- Defects will be prioritized over changes.
- Implementation will occur following the revision of the V1 Feature List.
- Received an update from Shea regarding the recruitment of a new Metro Front-End Engineer.
- The number of applicants has been low and an external agency has been sourced to actively recruit for the position.
Metro Performance Summary
- Total Work: 122 total story points - 35 bugs.
- 5 existing feature changes.
- 18 existing feature defects.
- 12 new features.
- Completed Work: 49 story points closed - 21 bugs - 40% complete.
- 3 existing feature change.
- 12 existing feature defects.
- 6 new features
- Remaining Work: 73 story points remaining - 14 bugs - 60% complete
- 2 existing feature changes.
- 6 existing feature defects.
- 6 new features.
Metro Work Details
|831918||Story - Pin, Unpin, Hide, and Restore a Top Site||ASSIGNED|
|833182||Story - Updating Firefox||ASSIGNED|
|833305||Story - Sporadic soft keyboard display when taping form input / address bar text edit||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|836791||Story - Junior-style back and new tab overlay buttons||ASSIGNED|
|841228||Defect - Hover state on buttons (like the bookmark star) persists after you tap the button||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|842639||Story - watch and listen to video and audio||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|844658||Story - text field context menus||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|845484||Story - Choose types of private data to clear in the options flyout||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|846275||Defect - On first install win8 prompt does not have firefox listed||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|846422||Change - Context menu overlays flyouts||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|848155||Change - Add Colored Bar with Text to Bottom of Topsites Thumbnails||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|848594||Story - Dragging the starting selection monocle to the left in a scrollable text input with selection doesn't work||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|850413||Story - Repositioning content for skb display||ASSIGNED|
|850673||Defect - Double clicking Next in Find bar selects and displays grippers for next selectable instance||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|850737||Story - Smoothly scroll the Firefox Start screen||ASSIGNED|
|851592||Change - allow user to touch empty space in Firefox Start screen to dismiss url info bar||ASSIGNED|
|852014||Defect - Issues downloading and installing msi||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|852805||Defect - Adding "Enter" shortcut while using search (CTRL + F)||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|854072||Defect - Press and hold on empty space brings up nonsensical context menu options||ASSIGNED|
|854269||Defect - "Pin" still selected when pressing "Back" or "Forward" buttons||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|854271||Defect: about: image does not display and link 404s||ASSIGNED|
|854274||Defect - Showing the "Tab Dock" when creating new tabs using "+" button||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|854881||Change - Remove Master Password Support||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|855090||Story - Move mochitests into a sub dir under browser/metro/base/tests||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|855417||Defect - Tap on an empty text input places caret selection monocle at the top of the screen||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|855578||Change - Leaving website error message should appear modal||ASSIGNED|
|855581||Defect - New tab created if you receive "Leave Page" error and only a single tab is present||ASSIGNED|
|855587||Defect - Predefined bookmarks should be to final URL and not to a page that will redirect||ASSIGNED|
|855590||Defect - Start page does not refresh app bar Star button state||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|855677||Defect - "Undefined" displayed instead of "New Tab" in tab title when restarting with show tabs from last time||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|856202||Defect - can't download nightly full installer||RESOLVED-FIXED|
|856458||Story - Fixup all failing mochitest-metro-chrome tests||ASSIGNED|
|858556||Defect - Double clicking text with the mouse displays the selection grippers in Immersive mode||VERIFIED-FIXED|
|859418||Defect - Links on 'about:' page 404 because they are pointing to URLs containing 'metrofirefox' instead of 'firefox'||ASSIGNED|
|859447||Defect - Nothing happens when I tap the settings icon in the page info bar||ASSIGNED|
- Firefox Health Report
- Uplifted to Fx21 beta
- Tracking final pieces
- QA and metrics verification
- Attending Madrid work week
- Helping Dietrich and Michael track 1.0.1 and 1.1 activities
- Working with Taipei PMs on creating a closer working relationship
- Kairo organization stability work week
- Helping team with some coordination and planning
- JS team looking for PM help - meeting with Naveed to discuss details