QA/Execution/Web Testing/SAMO/May 5
In about:config, change both:
- extensions.getAddons.recommended.url and extensions.getAddons.search.url to be https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/%LOCALE%/%APP%/api/%API_VERSION%/search/%TERMS%/all/10/%OS%/%VERSION%
- Open Tools | Add-ons, click the "Get Add-ons" tab
- Search for:
- Most popular add-ons (piclens/cooliris, foxmarks, adblock plus, firebug, twitter, personas, etc.)
- Note that results are filtered to your platform (Win, Mac, Linux) and version-compat range, so, e.g., using Firefox 3.0.8 on Windows will only return you compatible add-ons for a maxVersion of 3.0.* and Windows/All
- Returns NO Sandboxed add-ons
- Add-ons marked platform="ALL" should be found using any of the 3 platforms
- Add-ons marked platform="WINNT", it follows, should be found only using a Windows user-agent
- So, using Windows, search for a Mac-only add-on ('Darwin' is the OS value required.)
- Be sure to also note that you're using the preview AMO database, and as such, will be returned different results from prod
- Search for "flag"
- Load a few URLs such as https://preview.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/api/addon/6543, substituting the add-on ID
- Search for "faster%20"
- Ensure ratings match between the manager/preview