- 1 Overview
- 2 Testing Summary
- 3 Testing details
- 4 Bug Work
- 5 Signoff
The purpose of this wiki is to serve as a general test plan for verifying that switching the current Klar browser to Klar+GeckoView builds creates no visual and performance issues.
Developer contact: Emily Kager
In development. Hoping to ship the new Klar+GeckoView by the end of Q2.
Scope of testing
The testing will focus on:
- One-time smoke test of the basic browser functionality (menus/etc) of a Klar+GeckoView build.
- Visual comparison the top N mobile websites running in Klar+GeckoView vs Klar+WebView vs Fennec (looking for any Gecko webcompat differences).
- Some manual performance comparisons of Klar+GeckoView vs Klar+WebView. For example: Speedometer and approximate "stopwatch time" of app startup and page load times.
Testing will be performed on the following devices:
- Google Pixel 2 (Android 8.0.1)
- Samsung Galaxy S8 (Android 7.0)
At this point, we will not test on tablets nor x86 devices.
Switching Klar from Chromium WebView to GeckoView should be an invisible change. Klar currently uses Chromium's WebView. We're switching Klar to use Firefox for Android's Gecko code (aka "GeckoView") and want to make test that nothing breaks in the new "Klar+GeckoView" browser.
As a user, switching from the standard Klar to Klar with GeckoView builds should not affect me.
No visible change in UI and performance. Nothing breaks in the new "Klar+GeckoView" browser.
- [Oana] Research, documentation, test cases and started testing.
- [Oana] Research and manual performance tests
- [Oana] Manual performance tests
- Functional testing:
- Logged issue:
- [Ioana] logged issue:
[Oana] logged issues:
- Google maps get location should be inactive
- Security level indicator missing for insecure connections
- Full functional tests on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android 5.0.1)
[Oana] logged issues:
- Klar+Gecko: Crash when opening a drop-down menu
- Klar+GeckoView: fails to display a date picker
- Klar+GevkoView fails to open certain links
- All test cases should be executed
- All blockers, critical issues must be fixed and verified or have an agreed-upon timeline for being fixed.
- We'll want a more thorough pre-Beta/Release QA sign-off then, but for now we just need an initial test pass to find the big bugs.