QA/Mozmill Test Automation/Panorama Testing
|Lead:||Anthony Hughes (:ashughes)|
|Co-workers:|| Al Billings (:abillings) |
Aaron Train (:aaronmt)
Dave Hunt (:davehunt)
|Community Contributors:|| Clay (:uyclay) |
|Dates:||Jan 6, 2011 -> TBD H1'2011|
|Status:|| IN PROGRESS -- seeking contributors|
2 LANDED, 7 ASSIGNED, 1 PENDING, 12 BLOCKED
|Tracking Document:||spreadsheet, bug 629050|
|Developer Tools||mochitests, project page|
The Panorama feature of Firefox 4 provides an exciting opportunity for Mozmill testing. Since many of Panorama's UI operations are relatively complex, a black-box tool like Mozmill is optimal for their testing.
So, for the first time, we will be able to work with developers as a major feature is designed and released to create a full testsuite that addresses the needs of both QA and Development.
In addition, as a new, UI-intensive feature, Panorama is a perfect testbed to develop some of the recent team ideas regarding endurance and performance testing.
For now, the Panorama project will follow much the same guidelines as the QA/Mozmill Test Automation/Test Writing project.
As the specific guidelines for Panorama testing are developed further, this document will be updated.
Please see the spreadsheet for tracking of test automation.
- A test which is pending is free to take if you want to work on it.
- A test which is blocked cannot be worked on until another bug is resolved.
- A test which is fixed has already been developed and landed into the repository.
- A test which is assigned is currently being developed
Ultimately, if you want to start working on a test, pick from the pending tests. To assign a test to yourself, do the following:
- Open the bug report by clicking the bug number link in the spreadsheet
- Click the take link beside Assigned to
- Make sure the Status is set to ASSIGNED
- Write a comment stating something like, "Taking this bug"
- In the spreadsheet, set the status to assigned cell and add your name to the Assignee cell