Use a retail Leopard OS disc then install the following updates:
*"AirPort Utility Software Update 2009-002" (5.4.2) *"AirPort Utility" (5.3.2) *"QuickTime" (7.6.4) *"iTunes" (9.0.1) *"Mac OS X Update Combined" (10.5.8) *"Java for Mac OS X 10.5 Update 5" (1.0) *"Safari" (4.0.3) *"Security Update 2009-005" (1.0) *"Front Row Update" (2.1.7) *"Remote Desktop Client Update" (3.3.1)
Open System Preferences and in:
- Energy Saver set both times to 'never'
- Spotlight set the main hard drive as a private location to stop spotlight from indexing it
- Desktop and Screensaver set the screensaver time to 'never'
- Dock and set the dock to automatically hide
- Displays and set resolution to 1280x1024@60hz
- Sharing and enable screen sharing and remote login
You need to install mercurial, wget and buildbot. Instead of installing macports and xcode tools we are going to use the built in version of Twisted 2.5.0:
hg clone http://hg.mozilla.org/build/buildbot buildbot cd buildbot python setup.py build sudo python setup.py install
curl -O http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/wget/wget-latest.tar.gz tar zxf wget-latest.tar.gz cd wget-latest export CFLAGS='-arch ppc' export CXXFLAGS='-arch ppc' ./configure --enable-static --disable-shared make sudo make install
Finally, set up your buildbot slave
mkdir -p /builds/slave cd /builds/slave buildbot create-slave . master:port username password
We need Mercurial for the tools repository checkout. To build this we need to have XCode installed on the machine. Grab xcode and install it. Once installed, build mercurial
wget http://mercurial.selenic.com/release/mercurial-1.3.1.tar.gz tar zxf mercurial-1.3.1.tar.gz cd mercurial-1.3.1 python setup.py build sudo python setup.py install
Setup buildbot start on boot
I don't know how to do this at the moment. If you know how, please add it to this page.
- Ensure the the correct user and slave directory are set in the script (cltbld and /builds/slave by default)
- Make sure the resolution is set to 1280x1024. (this is not in the xserve ref image)
- System Prefs -> Accounts -> Login Options
- Set 'Automatic Login' to 'cltbld', enter the password when prompted.