This page is an incomplete attempt to categorize all of the applications (or systems, or infrastructures, or whatever you'd like to call them) installed and in use by release engineering.
- ReleaseEngineering/Applications/Ship It
What the heck?
We're not quite sure yet what these pages should contain. Here are some questions that should be answered for each application:
- what languages are needed and their version
- if python, what python modules - can they be run in a virtualenv
- if perl, what cpan modules are needed
- if php, what php version and what php.ini entries are needed
- what is the command line parameters to start the web service
- does it have any special configuration or init files
- How are those backed up?
- does it require root or sudo
- does it require a special directory layout
- will it generate/use temp files or non-database assets?
- which of those need to be backed up?
- how is that done?
- what version of mysql and what database config, where is the sql to init the tables
- what is the backup strategy?
- does memcached have a min/max memory? which processes read/write to it - can it be on different IP
- what ports will be opened for listening
- cronjobs that need to be run
- if outside services are utilized, what is that list
- what are common issues we run into, and how to debug?
- place in buildduty docs?
- where is the code/schema for hacking/reading?
- are there special passwords/accounts/acl's, and what are they? (not in public docs)