August 17, 2011 @ 9am PDT / 12pm EDT
dial-in x92 304
Backchannel #buildfaster on irc.mozilla.org
- Dashboard site is live and fast now (thanks to wlach); what do all the numbers mean?
- related to above, where are we w.r.t our 2-hour goal? Which open items are going to produce the greatest improvements?
- Review the Action Items & Bugs
Action items from last time
- jgriffin to find a way to compare build turnaround time stuff. Make something like "compare talos" where you feed it a changeset ID from try and it compares your build/test times with current data from m-c.
- wlach to file bugs on other xpcshell test slowness he found
- wlach to ask places devs if we need all places tests to hit disk
- wlach to start digging into browser-chrome slow tests
- Any p2 bugs need to escalate?
Review [buildfaster:p1] bugs
- bug 673001 - TBPL change to display command line - we should just do it. It'd be useful to many people and new contributors.
Review current activities
- we've put investigation of running debug tests with opt xpcshell on hold, since opt debug builds seem likely to materialize sometime soon (bug 669953)
- still need a mechanism to track individual slow tests; jmaher suggested the correct metric to do this is test duration/test asserts; need to update the logparser to handle this
Review [buildfaster:?] bugs
Actions for next time
- will to follow up with catlee regarding dashboard calculations
- jgriffin to change test run comparison routine to compare against a range of recent m-c runs instead of one run to help mitigate the fact that test durations vary considerably per run, even when equivalent
- jgriffin to get data on infrequently failing tests, and how long they take to run
- ted to file bug about harnesses downloading symbols on demand