ReleaseEngineering/How To/Connect To IPMI
< ReleaseEngineering | How To
- make sure you are connected to Mozilla VPN
- add "-mgmt.inband" to the end of the hostname
- e.g. http://t-w864-ix-026-mgmt.inband.releng.scl3.mozilla.com/
- go to the inventory and find the "OOB Ip:" URL and click on it
- use the credentials stored in Releng private repo to connect
If you click "System Information", you can get a snapshot of the current screen image, although often the screen has blanked due to inactivity. "Remote Control" is your friend otherwise - it gives you access to the system's power control and to a remote-video Java application.
If the management interface doesn't work, file a bug for "Server Operations: RelEng" to have a look.
- OS X machines: bld-lion-r5, t-yosemite-r7
- go to inventory and find the system.pdu value
- append "mozilla.com" to the URL (ignore the last three letters)
- go to "Outlet control"
- find the three letter entry and change the dropbox value to "reboot"
- go to the bottom and hit "apply"