ReleaseEngineering/How To/Handle an Idle Slave
< ReleaseEngineering | How To
- check SlaveHealth dashboard for idle machines
- any machine that hasn't taken a job for a time period > 5 hours is considered "idle" and the row color for the corresponding machine will turn orange.
- also look at the number of recent running/pending jobs for that pool of machines. Sometimes, it is only normal for those machines to be idle since the load is lower.
- check buildbot.tac to ensure the slave is enabled and see which master it's on.
- tail twistd.log to see if the slave is really idle. In most cases, the slave has been idle since it started up. Note any differences.
- Reboot. Don't use `buildbot restart`, since it won't work on macs!