Releases/Firefox 18.104.22.168 MU/Checklist
Since we haven't done major update for Fx2 -> 3 before, and because there was no previous checklist, this is a checklist of the things we're doing or need to do.
- Project lead: beltzner/ss
- Security/dev lead: dveditz
- Build lead: ??
- QA lead: juanb
- Determine we need to major update
- Create a schedule
- Announce schedule
- Ensure all code changes are in and released
- Get update page ready for translation (work with marketing)... ensure page goes into en-US/firefox/*majorversionnumber(i.e.3.0)*/details. We put it in 3.0.1 by mistake.
- Give build the go to create major update snippets
- QA starts full testing (3 days or so)
- l10n starts localizing the update page (1 week)
- Release to beta channel (without all l10n completed)
- Release to live channel (potentially delay based on l10n)