Releases/Firefox 3.5.5/Test Plan
Firefox 3.5.5 Test Plan
Description of Release
This is a short-cycle security and sustained engineering release to fix several top crashing bugs.
Specific Plan for 3.5.5
We need to verify bug fixes and go through the usual testing for a maintenance release: smoketests, basic functional tests, l10n spot checks, and updates checks.
- QA starts bug verifications: 11/2
- Builds start: 11/3?
- QA with builds start: 11/4?
- Smoketests: 11/4 - 3 people
- BFTs: 11/4 - 11/5 - 3 people
- l10n: 11/5 - 2 people
- Updates checks betatest: 11/5
- Updates checks releasetest: 11/6
- Updates Release: 11/6
- Updates Beta: 11/6
- Final release: 11/6
- Smoketests: 3 people
- BFTs: 3 people
- l10n checks: 3 people
- Updates checks: 1 person
Bugs to Verify
- Focus on critical and security bugs first.
- Mark bug as verified adding the keyword verified1.9.1