SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.7
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3
- 1.4 Feature List, Planning
- 1.5 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.6 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. Contact at Google says they don't want additional specific consumers of the service right now and want to enable some general way of accessing it "some time" - We can only wait right now. No easy solution in sight. Also, discussing a possible open Geolocation service.
- Based on Gecko 18.104.22.168, target dates TBD, see Releases.
- Release schedule will be synchronized with the next Firefox 3.5 release (3.5.12).
SeaMonkey 2.1 Alpha 3
- Tentative freeze is TODAY at 23:59 PM.
- Places Bookmarks has landed, nightlies from yesterday and today have it.
- The one confirmed blocker is Venkman's support for the new XPCOM registry, but Gijs has a patch up for it.
- InvisibleSmiley will write up a Wiki page or blog post that describes Places-based bookmarks, the differences, migration scenarios, any loss of functions and so on.
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, a3 in late July or early August, b1 in August/September, and a final in October/November.
- This seems to match recently presented Firefox 4 plans relatively well - they'll go for beta really soon now and Final in the same timeframe as we have in those plans right now.
- It would be good to get OOPP (Out Of Process Plugins) for SM2.1 (bug 545716) but we need some way to build libxul (bug 394502) to be able to build OOPP. Various Mailnews work has to be done (and is being done) for that to be possible.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 42 new, 34 fixed, 14 triaged.
- Fix rate is back up, especially. last week - we're going strong on getting things done!
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
- bug 423281 Help updates.
- There is little or no point in still listing this under 2.0.x. Help development concentrates on trunk and what can be applied to 2.0 as well is handled accordingly. InvisibleSmiley doubts any 2.0 specific stuff remains to be done here.
- bug 483282 Make sure normal SeaMonkey use doesn't pay a price for having Venkman installed [Mnyromyr].
- Needs at least a core patch landing for 22.214.171.124 bug 364864 (nsICategoryManager::deleteCategoryEntry does not persist outside of component registration) which depends on bug 480851 getting fixed on trunk.
- This is very unlikely to make 2.0. We should concentrate on getting a workable solution for trunk.
- bug 471346 Port GetDefaultFeedReader to SeaMonkey shell service [mcsmurf].
- Landed on trunk, Callek and mcsmurf working to get it onto branch.
- We've been shipping 2.0 without it for 10 months now. Do we really need it on branch?
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [sgautherie].
- Postponed until mcsmurf (or sgautherie) can resume work on it.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 410613 OpenSearch. helpwanted.
- We need to check if OpenSearch can support all our existing functionality, for example the INTEPRETS section in Sherlock search plugins. Mnyromyr will check on that, and on how extensible the Firefox code is.
- The current consensus it to get some basic functionality going with OpenSearch first. And then later to see how much of the old functionality we can reimplement in follow-ups.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- Currently unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 498596 Places bookmarks. [KaiRo]
- LANDED after a tremendous review run from IanN!
- bug 480734 Satchel data editor ("Form Manager").
- will be implemented in terms of Data Manager, see below.
- bug 569341 Data Manager [KaiRo]
- Patches are in heavy review. KaiRo reworked a lot of the code. The add-on version up on AMO is 1.0.1 with a lot of fixes from the SeaMonkey work.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We're still trying to work out some organizational issues.
- At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- Waiting on feedback requests.
- bug 467867 [META] Implement Firefox TabBrowser API in Seamonkey [misak].
- Misak has ported major items. Follow up bugs and patches have either landed or are in process.
- Already Fixed: getBrowserAtIndex(), getBrowserIndexForDocument(), loadTabs(), loadOneTab(), change addTab(), getIcon(), selectTabAtIndex(), web progress notifications for all tabs, progress Listener and Tab Progress Listener onLinkIconAvailable callback, Site icons places history and bookmarks.
- TODO: bug 562649 set and correctly handle userTypedValue when loading external URIs. bug 570981 Remove URLBarSetURI's aValid parameter.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf].
- Patches currently in progress.
- bug 576970 Port Sync 1.4 UI to SeaMonkey trunk.
- Currently unowned, helpwanted.
- We need to find a solution for Lightning, which is targeting Thunderbird 3.1 now.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2). Further versions will probably be for Gecko 2.0-based releases.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 570243 Advanced/Software Installation/Updates/Add-on Manager button doesn't work anymore. Fixed due to the "SwitchToTab" work for Addon Manager. (We no longer use GoAbout for this).
- bug 576820 Provide saner Error Console Spew (or none) when Firefox 4 manifest features are used.
- bug 579241 Update c-c packaging to account for libangle.so newly added to m-c.
- bug 581287 Remove copy of Quicktime xpt.
- bug 538419 remove nsAboutAbout.js.
- bug 551733 Port |bug 412989 allow per-app override of crashreporter.ini| to SeaMonkey, now that it has session-restore too.
- bug 558518 Investigate and sync-up remaining diffs from rules.mk from c-c to m-c.
- bug 568052 Adapt Modern theme for new Add-on Manager.
- bug 585713 Suite part of |bug 552023 Kill Places partitioned temp tables|.
- Fixed :
- Working on :
- bug 507804 - nsMsgComposeSecure.cpp: 3 strings to localize.
- bug 555557 - Update license blocks to use "Mozilla Foundation" instead of "Mozilla Messaging" (c-c) (Depends on bug 585453).
- bug 585453 - Update license blocks to use "Mozilla Foundation" instead of "Mozilla Messaging" (c-c) for /mail/build.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Bugs being worked on:
- bug 515967 Add icons to addressbook menulist in Search Addresses [patchlove][has draft patch].
- bug 574609 Update Help for new Link Behavior preference panel.
- bug 582710 Remove references to nonexistent IDs from Help.
- bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files.
- Created and landed patch to switch SeaMonkey defaults to tabbed browsing (bug 505311).
- More work on and landing of tab bar theming improvements (bug 579732).
- Started Work on remembering site-specific zoom settings (bug 386363).
- Finished and landed our own about: page (bug 555939).
- Updated doorhanger patch (bug 570004), filed bug and patch for doorhanger-based add-on installation notifications (bug 581974).
- Released Data Manager 1.0 on AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/162068
- Submitted Data Manager 1.0 as a SeaMonkey patch, reacted to first sets of review comments, created a browser-chrome test for it (bug 569341), released the largely reworked and tested version as 1.0.1.
- Discovered a TraceMonkey regression and created a simple test case (bug 582766).
- Landed some German help updates from Michael (bug 580185, bug 583453).
- Discussed NNTP and mailing lists in terms of tb-planning.
- Installed gcc 4.5.1 on the Linux build slaves (bug 585235).
- Installed buildbot 0.8 on the Mac slaves and did some cleanup there (bug 567035).
- Investigated and wrote a patch for tab inconsistency (bug 585511).
- Wrote a patch for loading favicons for places (bug 585515).
- Filed a number of test failure bugs (bug 585435, bug 585436, bug 585438, bug 585444, 585446, 585449) - help wanted!
- Discussed ongoing places bookmarks reviews and created diffs against Firefox places files, finally pushed places bookmarks (bug 498596 and dependencies).
- Created patch for places bookmarks in Modern theme (bug 584752).
- Extended discussions on SeaMonkey Developer Meeting, proposed a date and city.
- More discussions on my visit to MV.
- Got travel arranged for the German community meeting.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.
- bug 583567 goAbout() should not open tabs in background (fixed as part of of bug 583997).
- bug 585476 Regression - 'Switch to new tabs opened from links' is ignored.
- bug 583997 Fix parameter usage in loadOneTab and addTab, also add new option to openUILinkIn to explicitly focus newly opened tab.
- bug 577939 Port bug 519216 [Removing a progress listener while it's being called affects subsequent listeners] and followup bug 577320 to SeaMonkey.
- bug 540838 Toolbar elements losing the command attribute.
- bug 579272 context menu background is transparent [Venkman].
- bug 580764 Setting pop/imap port to the default value for the security setting not selected appears to get reset.
- bug 580868 Status Bar Icons No Longer Display.
- bug 583123 Don't bfcache closed popups.
- bug 583411 Context menu key events are generated with the wrong target.
- bug 408599 FeedProtocolHandler creates horrifying nsIStandardURLs.
- bug 450781 "No rule to make target .../xpcom.lib" compiling <nsAutoComplete.cpp> with |--enable-libxul|.
- bug 579862 Consider using SETLOCAL in start-*.bat.
- bug 579864 Make SDK compiler detection more reliable.
- bug 518736 Lightning options button in Add-on window error - looking for preferences.xul (Fixed SM2.0).
- bug 585264 Tabbrowser should tell Gecko which tab is active and which isn't.
- bug 529240 Make drop down menus for back and forward buttons middle/Ctrl-clickable.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- bug 585462 [Non-static SeaMonkey] "Warning: package error or possible missing or unnecessary file: bin/gfxutils.dll (package-manifest, 57)."
- bug 536904 Add toggletoolbar="true" to the windows that should have a Mac toolbar toggle pill.
- bug 579737 Make lightweight themes / personas work with browser on Mac.
- bug 580323 Fix up autocomplete-history-popup menuitem in mac classic.
- bug 581686 Page Info tabs aren't drawn correctly.
- bug 582372 [Mac default] hover:active style rules applies on disabled linkToolbar items.
- bug 585487 [Pinstripe] Make findbar-textbox slightly transparent in lwthemes.
Any other business?
- SeaMonkey Developer Meeting.
- No firm date yet. KaiRo has proposed 23/24 October in Vienna.
- The budget request for the meeting needs to be signed off at MozEU, then we can go into more concrete things.
- We're targeting to have approximately 25 people there, so a good part of the active SeaMonkey community can come.
- InvisibleSmiley can take the car if it's Vienna and bring up to three more people from Frankfurt.