SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.11
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.12
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Based on Gecko 126.96.36.199, target date December 9, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.16.
- Builds are available on FTP for testing.
- Based on Gecko 188.8.131.52, target date TDB, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.17.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in early December; final to be decided later.
- We'll probably close for the beta2 once SyncUI has landed.
- Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
- Firefox 4 now officially being in early 2011, which gives us a bit more time.
- As Firefox is now going RC in January, it makes sense to do a short-cycle b3 and try to match it with FF4RC. We can then make make b3 the final feature and string freeze, to be followed by 2.1pre.
- Beta 1 on PPC is broken.
- We have stopped PPC builds.
- We have converted our Mac boxes to 64bit switched Mac trunk to Intel 32/64bit universal builds.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 38 new, 20 fixed, 22 triaged.
- Fix rate is dropping, probably not too many reviews happening. Can we improve?
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
- Proposed SeaMonkey Triage Week
- We have categories at SeaMonkey:Triage_Week#Categories we want to look at, together with the dates that are hopefully ok.
- We've decided to use the existing #seamonkey channel instead of creating a special purpose triage channel as this is a pretty quiet channel and the regulars are already here.
- InvisibleSmiley will create a wikipage with instructions for people wanting to help who are not familiar with triaging.
- The General Information page will contain the UNCO/NEW bug searches that are already on the Categories page.
- InvisibleSmiley suggested to concentrate first on the UNCO bugs and then on the NEW bugs.
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry
- bug 588067 Switch SeaMonkey to use omnijar for nightly/release builds
- bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- Has some updates on mail tab restore but depends on some mailtab work from Mnyromyr (needs tab persistence functions for our mailnews tabs).
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil]
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- waiting for two reviews.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
- No real progress.
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- On hiatus since the very encouraging last review.
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow [Ratty].
- Waiting for reviews.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 3 will be Gecko 2.0-based.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Working on bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from firefox.
- bug 608048 xpcshell target does not pass-down $(EXTRA_TEST_ARGS).
- bug 609796 Port |bug 576399 GCC 4.5 -Os bustage workaround| to c-c.
- bug 613374 [SeaMonkey 2.0, nightlies] new OTS code causes "gfxUserFontSet.cpp:281: undefined reference to `ots::Process(ots::OTSStream*, unsigned char const*, unsigned int, bool)'.
- bug 613419 Port Breakpad default-changes to comm-central in configure.in.
- bug 613811 Port PYTHON_VERSION check to c-c configure.in.
- bug 613814 Port |bug 469880. Support a libnotify-based implementation of nsIAlertsService for GTK.| to c-c.
- bug 614274 (SM2.0.11) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.0.11.
- bug 615196 [SeaMonkey 2.0, linux64 (dep) 'build'] new OTS code causes "/usr/bin/ld: gfxUserFontSet.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against 'ots::Process(...)' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC".
- bug 423401 Please use a local variable and copy the string once.
- bug 555557 Update license blocks to use "Mozilla Foundation" instead of "Mozilla Messaging" (c-c).
- bug 576026 runtests.py.in is an interpolated file and shouldn't be. (v2 Re-landed).
- bug 594744 Update cache preferences from bug 559942.
- bug 602748 Fix "a the" in comments (for Calendar code).
- Working on:
- bug 418896 profileserver.py.in shouldn't need to be preprocessed.
- bug 606482 _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with "_check_ for".
- bug 611029 Move abSelectAddressesDialog.xul to /suite/mailnews.
- bug 612030 follow-up to removal of region.dtd.
- bug 601562 Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to pluginProblem.css.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- bug 612265 "Always use Google to subscribe to feeds" setting ignored
- bug 525973 Option "Only check for new mail after opening Mail & Newsgroups" need documentation
- bug 614090 Add a Reporting Bugs section to the Community page
- bug 615101 Add hints for migrating and moving profiles to 2.0 docs Profiles page
- Working On:
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk
- Helped Callek in getting SeaMonkey 2.0.11 builds done.
- Reacted to some slaves being converted to Mac64 (10.6) (bug 611105) and did set them up correctly (bug 558168).
- Fully switched Mac trunk to Intel 32/64bit universal builds and dropped PPC (bug 599862).
- Filed a buildbotcustom tweak I needed for removing Leopard opt builds (bug 614937, not needed on buildbot 0.8).
- Filed and landed update commit fix (bug 614541), filed bug for setting default hg user on machines (bug 614543).
- Landed a change for Mac IPC prefs (bug 614231).
- Landed Firefox places ports on SeaMonkey (bug 610736).
- Updated search code fixes patch for Firefox (bug 600244).
- Landed Data Manager patch for selecting another entry after deleting (bug 597994).
- More work on calling Data Manager with specific view (bug 588418).
- Worked on redirecting UI to open Data Manager instead of separate windows (bug 588419).
- Worked on Data Manager displaying only domains for a specific data type (bug 613795).
- Implemented adding permissions in Data Manager (bug 588417).
- Created patch for switching all callers of data viewers to Data Manager (bug 588419).
- Made DEL key reset permissions (bug 613086) and ESC key leave forget pane (bug 613087), added icon to Data Manager tab (bug 615014).
- Implemented correct display of IDN in Data Manager (bug 591324).
- Issued a few new versions of the Tahoe Data Manager add-on with all that functionality, 1.3 with the full set is currently up for review.
- Worked on the new Jökulsárlón Download Manager add-on for Firefox 4 and SeaMonkey 2.1, integrated my previous work on progress/properties windows, made download manager look reasonable in a tab, and added some minor functionality.
- Worked on tab icon (kairobug 341) and DEL key handling (kairobug 342) in Jökulsárlón Download Manager add-on.
- Fixed gathering Bugzilla data on dev.seamonkey.at by switching to bzAPI.
- Added Finnish to shipping 2.0.x locales for the 2.0.11 release.
- New versions of my dictionary add-ons received review and now work on Mozilla-2.0-based apps flawlessly.
- Landed another German help update from Michael (bug 610979).
- Discussed SeaMonkey's and my future.
- Fixed spam issues with my summary mail of Vienna decisions to Council.
- Struggled with nouveau graphics driver issues and N810 touch screen issues.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 608202 xpcshell: new test_attachment_size.js fails, "ASSERTION: nothing to write!: 'dest >= line && dest < src' ... mimeenc.cpp, line 757" in yenc test.
- bug 539738 Tree width of Preferences window has been hardcoded.
Working on bug 614587 client.py should allow to clone from HG via HTTPS.
- bug 613174 ###!!! ASSERTION: Changing refcount of nsDocument object during Traverse is not permitted!: 'Error', file content/base/src/nsDocument.cpp, line 1709.
- bug 613725 ###!!! ASSERTION: Not a UTF-8 string. This code should only be used for converting from known UTF-8 strings.: 'Error', file ../../../dist/include/nsUTF8Utils.h, line 452.
- bug 613875 Crash [@ nsURIHashKey::HashKey(nsIURI const*)].
- bug 594776 Notifications for installing lwthemes with non-default themes (port bug 592338).
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 605972 Use balloon tips to notify new messages.
- bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense.
- bug 465303 Add Preference UI for accessibility.blockautorefresh and for Hardware Acceleration.
- bug 613199 URLBar FixUps [2010-11] Part 1 (implement copy and cut, port bug 607518, and fix bug 480537) checked in.
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow. [Waiting for reviews]
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data in functions loading entries e.g. from places. [Waiting for reviews]
- bug 613199 URLBar FixUps [2010-11].
- postData followups including bug 600243 (fix postData handling in urlbarBinding's overrideValue).
- Investigate implementing bug 611162 browser.urlbar.doubleClickSelectsAll from the firefox urlbar binding.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- Help bug 232063 (Shortcuts for Text Viewing, Navigation, and Selection) fixed.
- Have not taken another help bug because I don't have spare time these days, sorry.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 537219 Port |Bug 442730 - composition security options for encrypt should only be one menu item (with checkbox) like signing| to SeaMonkey
- bug 607583 Move updateOptionItems() call from xul to js
- bug 612337 [SeaMonkey] Package ConsoleAPI.js
- bug 613414 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-plain-3: new test fails = "test_consoleAPI.html | console exists"
- bug 613901 Port |Bug 609207 - wyciwyg moved to necko_wyciwyg.xpt, but Firefox isn't shipping it| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 597811 [SeaMonkey] mochitests-1/5: "WARNING: NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv) ... nsHTMLInputElement.cpp, line 436" + "test_bug592802.html | Test timed out.", caused by "test_bug548193.html / nsContentPrefService.js"
- Did some reviews
- Working on:
- Waiting on reviews:
- bug 611759 [Pinstripe] Remove '-moz-appearance: treeheadersortarrow' from listbox.css/tree.css
Any other business?
- [Neil] Do we have a list of platform-specific reviewers?
- Not at the moment. We are still waiting on the rework proposal from Callek for the project areas list, it's due in today.
- [KaiRo] If in doubt, I'd be happy if we went with code review alone and trusting the coder that it works as it should for such cases. Along with a call for testing once it landed (in m.d.a.seamonkey and m.d.quality).