« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: 17 May, 2011, 12:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.1
- 1.3 Feature List, Planning
- 1.4 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.5 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
- Nominees for Friends of the Fish Tank?
- Callek for his RelEng work
- Tonymec for his bug triage sessions.
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Ratty to see if he can round up some Lightning testers from the various SeaMonkey forums. comm-miramar builds are now available here. q.v. bug 653507 Lightning nightly builds for Miramar (Thunderbird 3.3 / Gecko 5.0) (
comm-central + mozilla-auroracomm-miramar + mozilla-aurora)
- IanN to email Fallen to get some cooperation for getting a version of Lightning that is compatible with SeaMonkey 2.1 out on AMO.
- Fallen said that he would rather we put our efforts into testing against the 1.0b4 release from comm-miramar than try and do anything from comm-2.0 there would be issues around L10n from comm-2.0. If enough decent testing can be done then he would be happy to mark it as compatible with 2.1 on AMO.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
open blockers (1) blocker requests (0) targeted (0) fixed (60)
- Firefox 4.0 was released on 22nd March.
- SeaMonkey 2.1 RC was released on 12th May, based on Gecko/Mozilla 2.0.1, built from comm-2.0.
- SeaMonkey 2.1 final is scheduled for
16th May ("yesterday")Friday 20th May (moved so we can have 1 full week with RC1 out).
- The Add-on Compatibility Reporter has been declared compatible with 2.1, which should help getting SeaMonkey extensions on A.M.O. up to speed.
Further 2.1 scheduling:
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- comm-2.0 is neither used nor supported by Thunderbird so InvisibleSmiley and Ratty have taken the responsibility for transplanting MailNews Core bugs from trunk as appropriate.
- Note: SeaMonkey will directly go the the permanent repositories, i.e. -aurora, -beta in addition to -central. Miramar is a Thunderbird-only release branch.
- There might not be any more official security updates to the 1.9.1 branch after the upcoming one, so we should get a stable release based on Mozilla 2.0 out as soon as we can.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 46 new, 37 fixed, 30 triaged.
- A good amount of fixing and triaging happened. There are fewer outstanding reviews and feedbacks this time.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Open reviews/flags: 29 review 12 super-review 0 ui-review 5 feedback
Major wanted/needed features:
- We will need to look into Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0b4 from comm-miramar needs to be tested against SeaMonkey 2.1. comm-miramar Lightning builds are now available at the ftp site.
- Due to recent Lightning patches/fixes, Lightning nightlies are now working again on SM trunk.
- Besides Lightning, we should also take a look at other add-ons that are important for our users when they switch to 2.1.
- Adblock, Firebug, Autofill Forms, SeaTabX,
- InvisibleSmiley has started maintaining a list. He'll create a wiki page and post a newsgroup message regarding this.
- Useful query: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/extensions/?sort=popular
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
For now only a drop zone for those bugs that obviously will not make 2.1.
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port [Closed].
- Ewong to create a new meta-bug and move any unresolved dependencies over plus a dependent bug containing patch G as well.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently busy with his new job so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak].
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- MattATobin and MReimer
arewere looking into this.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- bug 548778 New communicator icons (based on Strata theme) for SeaMonkey. Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry.
- No l10n impact
- (InvisibleSmiley: ) Neil said "Actually our location bar history doesn't and can't use autocomplete at all.", moving to 2.next.
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil].
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- lwthemes doorhangers are done, so are doorhangers in general, too?
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition [IanN].
- A lot of untangling needs to go on between the 3 editors that we have. We can expect a bit of code cleanup for 2.1 but full customization has to go to 2.next as it needs work on TB too which is taking a while to get reviews on, plus feedback from kaze.
- We need to finish bug 654864 soon, but none of Neil's comments on bug 422845 triggered any response, so InvisibleSmiley feels reluctant to continue.
- One option is to create a TB patch and get a review.
We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted Also the nominations need triaging.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 649830 SeaMonkey 2.1pre (Polish) for Mac contains Russian or Swedish language packs [Build Config].
- bug 655395 Hide the "main-features" box for SeaMonkey, to prepare for SeaMonkey 2.1 [A.M.O.].
- bug 655607 Do the l10n magic from bug 544096 for SeaMonkey2.1 as well [Build Config].
- bug 657270 Update the tree-closure hook for c-c based apps for the rapid-release-train [RelEng].
- Working on:
- bug 633397 Automatic partial update from 2.1b1 to 2.1b2 build 2 misses extensions [RelEng].
- bug 647107 snippet details URL is not secure, can spoof major updates. [RelEng].
- bug 655621 Disable Spotlight on mac machines [RelEng].
- bug 655650 (SM2.1rc1) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.1 rc 1 [RelEng].
- bug 656838 (SM-rapid-release) Tracking bug for SeaMonkey boarding the rapid-release-train.
- bug 657271 Update cctbpl in order to track the rapid-release-train [RelEng].
- bug 366774 Remove unused preference bidi.characterset [Core].
- bug 480696 Add ifdef MOZ_UPDATER for the app update preferences UI and Help menu.
- bug 566440 APP Update dialog is too wide with modern.
- bug 601562 Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to pluginProblem.css.
- bug 643199 Correctly remove outdated L10n files on update.
- bug 651844 Remove unused labelMessage.label.
- bug 39113 Show current profile name in preferences.
- bug 112356 No option to leave email messages on server when creating new account.
- bug 451960 s/observes=/command=/g in /editor/ui/*.
- bug 562048 notification bar needs to look slicker [TB].
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- bug 568052 Adapt Modern theme for new Add-on Manager (initial work by InvisibleSmiley)
- bug 650885 Make better use of menuitem and command elements relating to editing already in utilityOverlay
- bug 653418 Remove MOZ2.0 code from Sanitizer.jsm
- bug 655529 Make use of contentAreaContext in message compose window
- bug 655626 Use menu_newEditor in editorOverlay.xul
- bug 655730 Port |bug 437174 - Disabling 3rd party cookies breaks sending cookies for channels with no docshell|
- bug 655842 Port |bug 417483 - Double separator in context menu when selecting empty text & using iframes|
- bug 655863 Port |bug 581475 - nsContextMenu cleanup|
- bug 656801 test_contextmenu.html has 4 new unexpected failures since landing of bug 655842
- bug 657106 Give Debug Plain Text Editor a context menu
- Waiting for review on:
- bug 638643 Remove obsolete EditorToggleParagraphMarks from editor.js
- bug 657161 Make use of contentAreaContext in Composer
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition
- bug 639690 [META] Re-arrange code between editor and editorOverlay
- bug 657234 Move pasteQuote and pasteNoFormatting into contentAreaContextOverlay
- To Do:
- bug 639395 Get cmd_fontSize to reflect current state of selected content / content at caret.
- bug 656713 Update SeaMonkey website for 2.1 RC 1 release
- bug 656719 Create 2.1 Release Notes
- bug 656068 Add screenshots page to 2.1 docs
- bug 637835 "Error: gFolderDisplay is not defined" in Advanced Search dialog when trying to drag search result entry (d&d impossible)
- bug 646792 Let the "Learn More" link from the plugin-crashed notification from Bug 601493 point to in-app Help
- bug 654516 Fix Sync button appearance in Modern
- Working On:
- Prepare website for 2.1 release
- bug 656463 Port browser parts of |bug 631374 - Adding or removing tags in the selector listbox always scrolls to top| to SeaMonkey
- bug 654864 Suite changes from |bug 652855 - De-RDF the address book| and |bug 422845 - Replace rdf-driven addressbook directory tree with js one|
- Did some build system reviews on the way to SeaMonkey 2.1 final.
- Landed my patch for linking OpenSearch Engine Manager in sidebar and prefs (bug 595246) in time for SeaMonkey 2.1 final, split off the hairy edge case as separate bug 654420.
- Looked through the L10n sign-offs for SeaMonkey 2.1 and accepted those that were ready, worked with Callek to sort out the problematic ones.
- Started to work full-time for Mozilla.
- Some more build system review and coordination work going along with Callek producing SeaMonkey 2.1 final (as RC1 for now).
- More looking into SeaMonkey L10n sign-offs for 2.1 and problematic locales for 2.1, while Callek went to do a build2.
- Updated German website for SeaMonkey 2.1 RC 1, including relnotes, and sent announcements for it.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
I fixed bug 649810 - SeaMonkey 2.1pre Windows installer ignores extension choices (installs always all extensions).
Fixed bug 624255: Ignored subthreads need visual feedback.
Did some reviews.
- bug 408599 FeedProtocolHandler creates horrifying nsIStandardURLs.
- bug 537015 Restore the spinner that was removed in bug 481359.
- bug 582195 Create sane equivalent of ConvertibleToNative() function for frozen linkage [MailNews Core].
- bug 653743 Search button is too small.
- bug 654017 nsTreeBodyFrame.cpp:3530:11: warning: unused variable ‘rightEdge’.
- bug 654420 "Get more search engines..." in Engine Manager does nothing if no browser open.
- bug 655412 Tab strip scroll arrows appear by default and have to be hidden.
- bug 655588 Desaturating filter produces more realistic grey scale than colour averaging [Addons Manager].
- bug 656886 Context menu broken in non-browser sidebars.
- bug 657215 No search engine selected in Internet Search preferences on new profile.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
Waiting for Reviews:
- bug 499785 SeaMonkey can't handle spaces in OpenURL, Firefox can.
- bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense. [Core]
- bug 653460 Add app.update.timerMinimumDelay and app.update.backgroundMaxErrors to browser-prefs.js.
- bug 654007 Can't save as template via File > Save As Menu [SeaMonkey Part].
- Bug 655265}} [Classic] In Windows Classic Theme there is no feedback when hovering over or clicking menu-toolbarbuttons and dropmarkers.
- bug 652822 [TabMail] Mousewheel scroll on tab bar should change tab.
- bug 654009 Reply to list: automatically determine From: address [SeaMonkey
- bug 420296 Holding the tabdrop indicator over a tab for a moment should open this tab to allow drag&drop of content from one tab to another tab" (Port bug 248612).
- Bug triage and Bug discussions.
- End user support and PR in newsgroups and Mozillazine.
Fixed bug 655442 Issues with Chatzilla Locale for SeaMonkey 2.1 [es-ES].
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 647394 "test_idcheck.xul | Test timed out." since bug 627240 landing
- bug 653106 Port |Bug 572463 - Prototype urlclassifier/safe browsing client code in JS| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed MailNews Core bugs:
- bug 652849 Port |Bug 585020 - Remove build time option to disable svg| to comm-central
- Fixed (or in-progress) Core bugs:
- bug 603574 [Windows VC++] --disable-profile-guided-optimization is ignored
- Fixed other projects bugs:
- [ChatZilla] bug 634888 [ChatZilla] Remove obsolete '-moz-pre-wrap' support
- [Venkman] bug 634887 [Venkman] Remove obsolete '-moz-pre-wrap' support
- OSX bug 648086 (Prefwindow title change from 'Preferences for x profile' to pane title when selecting pane) by backing out bug 39113.
Any other business?
- InvisibleSmiley wonders whether we could have the Mozilla major version be our minor version, at least for starters (which would let us start with 2.5 instead of 2.2)
- [IanN] In terms of version numbers, perhaps the first question is what happens when we get to Gecko 10, and what happens when we want to increase our major version.
- [InvisibleSmiley] We could have minor version = Gecko version.
- KaiRo thinks a major version bump should be when something significant changes in SeaMonkey-specific stuff.
- Prior to rapid release, we bump our minor version about every six months. Now it's every time FF increases its version.
- Discussion to be continued (but not today).