SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.9
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- 1.7 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.8 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
- Based on Gecko 188.8.131.52 and in sync with Firefox 3.5.14, should already be out but delayed by a rebuild of FF 3.6.11, see Releases.
- Builds have been created and are available for testing from FTP and on the beta channel.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
- Looks like testing is OK, release targeted for TODAY (October 19th).
- Currently waiting on KaiRo having time to write an announcement, and finishing the relnotes (as nobody else takes on those tasks unfortunately), and getting bouncer done, files pushed, et cetra.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in late October; final to be decided later.
- Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
- PPC situation is still unclear, Beta 1 is broken there.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 36 new, 23 fixed, 9 triaged.
- Fix rate is good but slowing down last week, triage continues to be weak. Should do more there.
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil]
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- Geolocation implemented.
- Login manager themeing waiting for review from IanN.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list [mcsmurf]
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- Initial patches almost done. Ported late build change. Next: Address nits, continue reviews, port more dialog changes.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 2 will probably be Gecko 2.0-based.
SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
See wiki page: SeaMonkey Developer Meeting
- Happening on October 23/24, UPCOMING WEEKEND, in Vienna.
- Starts on Saturday noon and ends on Sunday afternoon so people arriving on 22nd October will have plenty of time for breakfast!
- Please give feedback if you are coming, if you stay for hacking days, and when you are arriving/leaving.
- Proposals for sessions are very much wanted.
- How many sessions will we do at all and how long should one session be?
- Proposed session plans are now on the wiki.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- bug 599745 port ui parts ofbug 561636 to support invalidformsubmit.
- bug 601069 Some mochitest-browser-chrome tests in suite/ time out, afterbug 543800.
- bug 603557 [SeaMonkey] TEST-UNEXPECTED-FAIL | Lots of intermittent failures for mochitest-browser-chrome in toolkit/mozapps/extensions/test/browser/.
- bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from firefox.
- bug 594578 Deal with SeaMonkey with Firefox compatibility declared in its UA string [AMO].
- bug 597887 mochitest-plain-1: "Error: useless setTimeout call (missing quotes around argument?)" at "file_bug546995.html : 28" [CORE].
- bug 600364 [seamonkey] mochi-browser failures due to indexedDB issues: browser_permissionsPromptAllow.js and others [Testing Infrastructure].
- bug 600767 [SeaMonkey] Linux Mochi-1 test_2d.composite.uncovered.image.destination-atop.html failing [Testing Infrastructure].
- bug 601649 Client.py doesn't work with python3 [comm-central].
- bug 604752 Nightly builds burning after removal of unwrap_full_update.sh [Rel Eng].
- bug 605369 cb-sea-win32-tbox out of disk space on C:/ [Rel Eng].
- Needs to land:
- Working On:
- bug 560772 Make use of mozilla::services for comm-central
- bug 585713 Suite port of bug 552023[Kill Places partitioned temp tables]
- bug 603132 Remove Bloglines from the feed reader options
- bug 603919 nsHTMLInputElement.cpp: 'changed' event should be sent even if we can't store the last used directory (for <input type='file'>)
- Requiring Checkin:
- bug 576026 runtests.py.in is an interpolated file and shouldn't be
- Working on:
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode
- Working On:
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 581526 Add SeaMonkey support for the Windows 7 jump list.
- bug 593681 Small fixes to keep sessionstore in sync with FF.
- bug 579860 Consider starting bash in its own console window.
- bug 595570 Bookmark Sidebar no longer shows the Bookmark title when you hover over a link.
- bug 597637 Trying to restore final tab in closed tab list throws an exception.
- bug 602150 After doorhangers land cant type in textbox [Fixed by bug 595810].
- bug 603228 "Exception / NS_ERROR_FAILURE / nsIWebProgress.addProgressListener / notification.xml :: addProgressListener :: line 66" caused by some part of bug 595810.
NOT Working on:
- bug 31479 about:demo.
- bug 581309 Remove unused properties from XPCOMUtils.
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 604493 Composition Window broken on trunk builds due to tracemonkey landing (merge of compartments) (cannot compose, write, reply to messages).
- bug 595738 Warning: assignment to undeclared variable index (in msgHdrViewOverlay.js)
- bug 601435 Move null check into isElementVisible() like Firefox.
- bug 603090 Support form restore for securely transmitted site (HTTPS).
- bug 603095 Accept middle-click for new tab button.
- bug 603101 Error: id is null Source file: chrome://.../addressingWidgetOverlay.js Line: 1038.
- bug 586947 Places File Bookmark (Ctrl+D) needs improvement badly.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- bug 246405 mail_help.xhtml should be split to several files.
- Fixed SeaMonkey bugs:
- bug 601978 Port |Bug 552688 - Clean up .autoreg leftovers| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 593944 No icons in alltabs menuitems.
- bug 602538 Change '-moz-box-shadow' to 'box-shadow' in classic/mac/navigator.css.
- bug 602568 [Mac default] MailNews (tab)scrollbox arrows/buttons needs love.
Any other business?
- [MReimer] When will the meeting start at 23 Oct? Please allow people arriving at 22 Oct to have their breakfast!
- If you bothered to follow the link you will see the start and end times:
- From Saturday noon to Sunday afternoon
- Monday/Tuesday are optional hacking days for those people who can afford the time.
- If you bothered to follow the link you will see the start and end times:
- Weather: current long-term forecast:
- Saturday: thck clouds, max 13°C.
- Sunday: high-level fog sticking around long, else sunny, max 17°C.
- Monday rainy, windy, max 11 °C.
- Be prepared for cold temperatures and possibly rain. Also, possibly around freezing at night.