« last meeting | index | next meeting »
SeaMonkey Meeting Details
- Time: November 30, 2010, 13:00 UTC
- Location: #seamonkey IRC channel
- 1 Agenda
- 1.1 Action Items
- 1.2 SeaMonkey 2.0.11
- 1.3 SeaMonkey 2.0.12
- 1.4 SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
- 1.5 Feature List, Planning
- 1.6 Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
- 1.7 Any other business?
- Who's taking minutes? -> Ratty
(who needs to do what that hasn't been recorded in a bug) We should assign people to the open items.
- Get permission from Google to use their geolocation JSON service [KaiRo]. We can still only wait on the Google front right now. Didn't hear anything about open Geolocation service yet. No easy solution in sight.
open blockers (1) blocker requests (0) fixed (32)
- Based on Gecko 18.104.22.168, target date December 9, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.16.
- Builds are available on FTP for testing.
open blockers (0) blocker requests (0) fixed (0)
- Based on Gecko 22.214.171.124, target date TDB, see Releases, in sync with Firefox 3.5.17.
SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 2
open blockers (1) blocker requests (3) targeted (1) fixed (57)
(Further 2.1 scheduling:)
- Please help updating the New 2.1 Features page as we go.
- Plans for 2.1: 6-8 weeks per milestone, b2 (feature freeze) probably in early December; final to be decided later.
- We'll probably close for the beta2 once SyncUI has landed.
- Unsure how this fits Firefox 4 plans as they are still trying to get to their feature freeze.
- Firefox 4 now officially being in early 2011, which gives us a bit more time.
- As Firefox is now going RC in January, it makes sense to do a short-cycle b3 and try to match it with FF4RC. We can then make make b3 the final feature and string freeze, to be followed by 2.1pre.
- Beta 1 on PPC is broken.
- We have stopped PPC builds.
- We have converted our Mac boxes to 64bit switched Mac trunk to Intel 32/64bit universal builds.
Feature List, Planning
Bug statistics for last two (full) weeks: 38 new, 20 fixed, 22 triaged.
- Fix rate is dropping, probably not too many reviews happening. Can we improve?
- Good further triage targets could come out of looking at the component bug counts, pick yours!
- Proposed SeaMonkey Triage Week
- We have categories at SeaMonkey:Triage_Week#Categories we want to look at, together with the dates that are hopefully ok.
- We've decided to use the existing #seamonkey channel instead of creating a special purpose triage channel as this is a pretty quiet channel and the regulars are already here.
- InvisibleSmiley will create a wikipage with instructions for people wanting to help who are not familiar with triaging.
- The General Information page will contain the UNCO/NEW bug searches that are already on the Categories page.
- InvisibleSmiley suggested to concentrate first on the UNCO bugs and then on the NEW bugs.
Open reviews/flags: 45 review 18 super-review 1 ui-review 4 feedback
Major wanted/needed features:
Needing help, Unowned, Stalled
- bug 460953 kill-rdf port.
- bug 436794 Enable Mac OS X system address book per default and add UI.
- SM UI needed, unowned, helpwanted.
- bug 449728 Drag tabs between windows.
- bug 477845 Build a standalone (Gecko 2.0) Composer. [kaze]
- kaze is currently job hunting so doesn't have much time to spend on this.
- bug 477840 Backport KompoZer to Composer (Depends on bug 477845).
- kaze has done a ton of work there. We still need to work out some organizational issues. At the moment there is no active interest from MoMo for bringing standalone composer into comm-central. That's something we (KaiRo and kaze) will have to negotiate with the Thunderbird team (dmose).
- bug 523274 Complete new default theme icon set.
- A list of TODO icons is up in the bug.
- bug 526210 Update the icon set for the SeaMonkey Modern Theme.
- Some proposed icons got posted, we should take a look how to get that contribution into the product.
- The rest is unowned so far.
- bug 507841 Port Bug 422814 - Make account configuration quick, easy, and more secure (autoconfig, Quick Account Setup).
- bug 573538 No options for Safe-Mode.
- bug 521159 [SeaMonkey 2.1] Port |bug 514327 Detect outdated plugins and offer upgrade path|
- bug 87098 [SeaMonkey] Delete key should delete location bar history list entry
- bug 588067 Switch SeaMonkey to use omnijar for nightly/release builds
- bug 401417 Add an option for a search box in SeaMonkey toolbar
- bug 533908 SeaMonkey Mail: tabs not restored [misak]
- Has some updates on mail tab restore but depends on some mailtab work from Mnyromyr (needs tab persistence functions for our mailnews tabs).
- bug 570004 Popup/"doorhanger" notifications [Neil]
- Implementation moved to bug 595810.
- waiting for two reviews.
- bug 566138 Better integration with Windows 7 taskbar
- No real progress.
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk [InvisibleSmiley]
- On hiatus since the very encouraging last review.
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow [Ratty].
- Waiting for reviews.
We also should take a look at the other items on 2.1-wanted Also the nominations need triaging.
- We will need to take a close look at Lightning, which is mainly targeting Thunderbird.
- Lightning 1.0 beta 1 is for SM2.0 and TB3.0, 1.0 beta 2 is for TB3.1 (Gecko 1.9.2), 1.0 beta 3 will be Gecko 2.0-based.
Roundtable - Personal Status Updates
Status Updates from developers - what are you working on, what's the progress, any other comments? (feel free to add yourself to the list if your name is missing and you have interesting status).
- Working on bug 601091 Port FillInHTMLTooltip changes from firefox.
- bug 608048 xpcshell target does not pass-down $(EXTRA_TEST_ARGS).
- bug 609796 Port |bug 576399 GCC 4.5 -Os bustage workaround| to c-c.
- bug 613374 [SeaMonkey 2.0, nightlies] new OTS code causes "gfxUserFontSet.cpp:281: undefined reference to `ots::Process(ots::OTSStream*, unsigned char const*, unsigned int, bool)'.
- bug 613419 Port Breakpad default-changes to comm-central in configure.in.
- bug 613811 Port PYTHON_VERSION check to c-c configure.in.
- bug 613814 Port |bug 469880. Support a libnotify-based implementation of nsIAlertsService for GTK.| to c-c.
- bug 614274 (SM2.0.11) Tracking bug for build and release of SeaMonkey 2.0.11.
- bug 615196 [SeaMonkey 2.0, linux64 (dep) 'build'] new OTS code causes "/usr/bin/ld: gfxUserFontSet.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against 'ots::Process(...)' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC".
- bug 423401 Please use a local variable and copy the string once.
- bug 555557 Update license blocks to use "Mozilla Foundation" instead of "Mozilla Messaging" (c-c).
- bug 576026 runtests.py.in is an interpolated file and shouldn't be. (v2 Re-landed).
- bug 594744 Update cache preferences from bug 559942.
- bug 602748 Fix "a the" in comments (for Calendar code).
- Working on:
- bug 418896 profileserver.py.in shouldn't need to be preprocessed.
- bug 606482 _install_-updates preference wrongly labeled with "_check_ for".
- bug 611029 Move abSelectAddressesDialog.xul to /suite/mailnews.
- bug 612030 follow-up to removal of region.dtd.
- bug 601562 Update Modern theme from missingPlugin.css to pluginProblem.css.
- bug 11459 - Need option for mailto: to launch external mail app or open a webmail url.
- bug 573538 - No options for Safe-Mode.
- Usual testing, reviewing and commenting.
- Working on:
- bug 606683 Allow customization of toolbar in Composer and MailNews Composition.
- bug 612265 "Always use Google to subscribe to feeds" setting ignored
- bug 525973 Option "Only check for new mail after opening Mail & Newsgroups" need documentation
- bug 614090 Add a Reporting Bugs section to the Community page
- bug 615101 Add hints for migrating and moving profiles to 2.0 docs Profiles page
- Working On:
- bug 576970 Port Sync UI to SeaMonkey trunk
- Helped Callek in getting SeaMonkey 2.0.11 builds done.
- Reacted to some slaves being converted to Mac64 (10.6) (bug 611105) and did set them up correctly (bug 558168).
- Fully switched Mac trunk to Intel 32/64bit universal builds and dropped PPC (bug 599862).
- Filed a buildbotcustom tweak I needed for removing Leopard opt builds (bug 614937, not needed on buildbot 0.8).
- Filed and landed update commit fix (bug 614541), filed bug for setting default hg user on machines (bug 614543).
- Landed a change for Mac IPC prefs (bug 614231).
- Landed Firefox places ports on SeaMonkey (bug 610736).
- Updated search code fixes patch for Firefox (bug 600244).
- Landed Data Manager patch for selecting another entry after deleting (bug 597994).
- More work on calling Data Manager with specific view (bug 588418).
- Worked on redirecting UI to open Data Manager instead of separate windows (bug 588419).
- Worked on Data Manager displaying only domains for a specific data type (bug 613795).
- Implemented adding permissions in Data Manager (bug 588417).
- Created patch for switching all callers of data viewers to Data Manager (bug 588419).
- Made DEL key reset permissions (bug 613086) and ESC key leave forget pane (bug 613087), added icon to Data Manager tab (bug 615014).
- Implemented correct display of IDN in Data Manager (bug 591324).
- Issued a few new versions of the Tahoe Data Manager add-on with all that functionality, 1.3 with the full set is currently up for review.
- Worked on the new Jökulsárlón Download Manager add-on for Firefox 4 and SeaMonkey 2.1, integrated my previous work on progress/properties windows, made download manager look reasonable in a tab, and added some minor functionality.
- Worked on tab icon (kairobug 341) and DEL key handling (kairobug 342) in Jökulsárlón Download Manager add-on.
- Fixed gathering Bugzilla data on dev.seamonkey.at by switching to bzAPI.
- Added Finnish to shipping 2.0.x locales for the 2.0.11 release.
- New versions of my dictionary add-ons received review and now work on Mozilla-2.0-based apps flawlessly.
- Landed another German help update from Michael (bug 610979).
- Discussed SeaMonkey's and my future.
- Fixed spam issues with my summary mail of Vienna decisions to Council.
- Struggled with nouveau graphics driver issues and N810 touch screen issues.
- As usual, my blog has more detailed status about my work, and Mozilla Status Board Posts also tell about my next planned steps.
- bug 614220 Port Deferred Session restore - bug 588482.
- Waiting for reviews from Neil.
- bug 608202 xpcshell: new test_attachment_size.js fails, "ASSERTION: nothing to write!: 'dest >= line && dest < src' ... mimeenc.cpp, line 757" in yenc test.
- bug 236954 Merge uses of mail.show_headers pref.
- bug 486965 Prettify MailNews start page.
- bug 539738 Tree width of Preferences window has been hardcoded.
Working on bug 614587 client.py should allow to clone from HG via HTTPS.
- bug 613174 ###!!! ASSERTION: Changing refcount of nsDocument object during Traverse is not permitted!: 'Error', file content/base/src/nsDocument.cpp, line 1709.
- bug 613725 ###!!! ASSERTION: Not a UTF-8 string. This code should only be used for converting from known UTF-8 strings.: 'Error', file ../../../dist/include/nsUTF8Utils.h, line 452.
- bug 613875 Crash [@ nsURIHashKey::HashKey(nsIURI const*)].
- bug 594776 Notifications for installing lwthemes with non-default themes (port bug 592338).
- bug 595810 Centralise notifications for ease of conversion to doorhangers.
- bug 605972 Use balloon tips to notify new messages.
- bug 611503 Constructing an nsTDependentString from an nsTAString makes no sense.
- bug 465303 Add Preference UI for accessibility.blockautorefresh and for Hardware Acceleration.
- bug 613199 URLBar FixUps [2010-11] Part 1 (implement copy and cut, port bug 607518, and fix bug 480537) checked in.
- bug 484968 Make SeaMonkey tab bar scrollable to cope with tab overflow. [Waiting for reviews]
- bug 553459 Deal with saved POST data in functions loading entries e.g. from places. [Waiting for reviews]
- bug 613199 URLBar FixUps [2010-11].
- Part 2: Port bug 279687, bug 339710, bug 405541.
- postData followups including bug 600243 (fix postData handling in urlbarBinding's overrideValue).
- Investigate implementing bug 611162 browser.urlbar.doubleClickSelectsAll from the firefox urlbar binding.
- Bug triage, feedback, reviews, and Bug discussions.
- AgitProp and PR in http://forums.mozillazine.org/.
- Help bug 232063 (Shortcuts for Text Viewing, Navigation, and Selection) fixed.
- Have not taken another help bug because I don't have spare time these days, sorry.
- Fixed SeaMonkey (related) bugs:
- bug 537219 Port |Bug 442730 - composition security options for encrypt should only be one menu item (with checkbox) like signing| to SeaMonkey
- bug 607583 Move updateOptionItems() call from xul to js
- bug 612337 [SeaMonkey] Package ConsoleAPI.js
- bug 613414 [SeaMonkey] mochitest-plain-3: new test fails = "test_consoleAPI.html | console exists"
- bug 613901 Port |Bug 609207 - wyciwyg moved to necko_wyciwyg.xpt, but Firefox isn't shipping it| to SeaMonkey
- Fixed Core bugs:
- bug 597811 [SeaMonkey] mochitests-1/5: "WARNING: NS_ENSURE_SUCCESS(rv, rv) ... nsHTMLInputElement.cpp, line 436" + "test_bug592802.html | Test timed out.", caused by "test_bug548193.html / nsContentPrefService.js"
- Did some reviews
- bug 595978 Update mac readme (no ppc support).
- bug 611857 [Mac Default] Adopt css for click-through support
- Working on:
- bug 613358 Polish the mailNews search dialog on Mac and also fix some obsolete styles (all OS).
- bug 614382 Polish the Edit filter dialog on Mac and also fix some obsolete styles (all OS).
- Waiting on reviews:
- bug 611759 [Pinstripe] Remove '-moz-appearance: treeheadersortarrow' from listbox.css/tree.css
Any other business?
- [Neil] Do we have a list of platform-specific reviewers?
- Not at the moment. We are still waiting on the rework proposal from Callek for the project areas list, it's due in today.
- [KaiRo] If in doubt, I'd be happy if we went with code review alone and trusting the coder that it works as it should for such cases. Along with a call for testing once it landed (in m.d.a.seamonkey and m.d.quality).