= Purpose =
The purpose of the Wiki Working Group is to kick-start a revitalization of the wiki and to create a sustainable framework for empowering the entire Mozilla community to participate in and sustain this effort.
It is not the goal of the WWG to do all the work of revitalizing and re-vamping the wiki, but rather to create a structure and process that will facilitate and assist all Mozillians participating in this effort.
= Goals =
Build tools and establish processes that empower Mozillians across functional, product, and regional areas to contribute to collective stewardship of the wiki.
= Strategies =
Mirror the [[Contribute | Community Building Team's]] organizational structure and strategies so WWG is not a silo'd working group requiring organizational resources, but a lightweight federation of leaders from across Mozilla that coordinates work across the organization.
== Roles for each committee (see committees below) ==
* Committee Lead
* Liaison - connects and coordinates with corresponding CBT committee
* These can be the same person
== Taskforces ==
Create temporary Task Forces for low-hanging fruit, one-time, or urgent projects that either can't be done outside of WWG, or are acting as blockers for Mozilla as a whole.
* If you think a Task Force should be created, bring it up during a Wiki Working group.
* Task Forces would ideally align with a committee essentially as autonomous sub-groups, or as collaborations between committees.
= Committees =
== Research & Development ==
Leads the WWG in determining goals and priorities through inquiry and design.
Volunteers: jennie, joelle, lyre
== Systems and Data ==
* Platform: hexmode, jd
* Works with Education Committee to document diagnostic tools for community use and optimize them for accessibility
=== Task Forces ===
* Wiki Re-skin
** Volunteers: hexmode, ghemsley
== Education ==
* Creates resources to teach the wiki and wiki stewardship to contributors
* Works with Pathways committee to package
== Pathways ==
* Works to turn wiki contribution opportunities into contribution pathways across Mozilla.
* (This is the group that figures out how to delegate all the Wiki work back out to the rest of the organization!)
== Recognition ==
== Events ==
* Documents best practices of wiki-focused events
* Contributes knowledge of how to incorporate wiki-based work into events to resources created by the CBT Events working group
** Mozilla-wide wiki gardening campaigns and hackathons
=How to Participate=
</noinclude>== Meetings ==
The Wiki Working Group meets '''every other Tuesday at 9:00 PDT (16:00 UTC)''' ([http://arewemeetingyet.com/Los%20Angeles/2014-05-20/09:00/b/Wiki%20Working%20Group In your timezone]).
* Direct room link: https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=Uc9zNxNaK26f
* [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com]
* [news://news.mozilla.org/mozilla.tools.wiki newsgroup]