Squash: refactoring tool
- Quickly produce large refactoring patches
- Automate parts of deCOMtamination: class squashing & out-param rewriting (in the near future)
- Helps replace deprecated APIs at call-sites & function renaming
- Could be integrated into any editor to do eclipse-style refactoring.
- Has a web frontend.
- Since the squash isn't tied to an IDE, it should evolve quicker. If you discover a boring rewrite task that could be implement as an algorithm - it maybe easier to extend squash than to perform it by hand.
- FIXME: CPP causes blind-spots in the code.
- FIXME: Lack of precise source locations in parts of the AST.
- TODO: Add Objective C++ support for OSX issues like Exception Checking