Community Manager, Coding
While Mozilla has a sizable paid engineering staff, the success of the project depends in large part on unpaid code contributors. In order to ensure that code contribution is as effective as possible, we're looking for a full-time Coding Community Manager.
The Coding Community Manager will aid the entire Mozilla community in recruiting, welcoming, developing, and retaining contributors. He or she will track contribution patterns, help eliminate gaps in process and documentation, and work with managers and team leaders to build community contributions. The Coding Community Manager will analyze existing tools and processes, looking for opportunities to make contribution easier and more effective. They can identify contributor un-friendly patterns in systems and blog/discuss improvements with the developer community. The Coding Community Manager should be a social person who can work with the engineering groups across the organization.
The Coding Community Manager will be a tool wizard, building dashboards, visualizations, and using Bugzilla like MacGyver would use a multitool.
This position is available for remote work in some countries. If you are near one of our offices we're happy to provide a desk and many delicious snacks. Mozilla currently has offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, Toronto, Portland, London, Paris, Auckland, Vancouver and Taipei.
- Collaborate with development teams to provide an effective process for new contributors.
- Track contributions and contributors across engineering efforts.
- Maintain and aid development of the Mozilla contribute website.
- Identify contribution roadblocks, drive changes in community process to resolve them
- Coordinate with developers to ensure contributions are handled expeditiously
- Investigate new methods to measure code contributions
- Develop tools and programs to better highlight and reward community contributions and contributors
- Consider and enact new ways of reaching talented programmers who are not yet part of the community
- Encourage contribution in social media and blogs
- Manage contributor reward nominations and the delivery of rewards
- Track record of volunteer/open source community management experience
- Strong communication skills and desire to plan, discuss, and solicit feedback in the open
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, with minimal supervision
- Strong knowledge and passion about Mozilla and open source