Build and Deployment Process for Tiki 5.1
- Create a set of local code that represents the differences between SUMO and Tiki 5.1. Note this will not be a diff but a set of complete files, since SUMO code and Tiki code will be sourced from two different directories
- Set up local git repository (already requested by AMO in bug 528360)
- Make a git clone of TikiWiki SVN 5.1 and push it to our real git repository. The clone should be read only; we do not want to commit SUMO-only changes to Tiki.
- Make local changes in our local repo
- Reference for details: [via stackoverflow]
Day to day development
- Checkout of local git repo and commit to it
- At each release, review which changes are to be upstreamed to Tiki trunk
- Apply patches and commit those changes against a separate SVN checkout of Tiki trunk
- When we do a Tiki upgrade, we'll do a rebase and push to fetch the new code, then check for conflicts and merge their changes into our locally overridden files.
- Directly from git, nothing complicated about it.