William: First Run
- William downloads and installs Firefox.
- On the first-run page he sees a video called "Getting started with Firefox" which he watches.
- At the end of the video (and next to the video) he sees a link to learn more about using Firefox.
- William clicks that link and is taken to the "Learn more about Firefox" category page on SUMO.
- There, William can choose from several more featured video tutorials and highlighted articles.
- William bookmarks this page and over the next few weeks he returns to watch more videos and read articles.
William: Related Article
- While browsing the Learning about Firefox category page, Willam learns about Out of process plugins.
- While reading that article he see's the Mozilla plugin checker promoted as a featured related item.
- William clicks though to the plugin checker is surprised to see that his Flash player is already out of date.
- He thinks the plugin checker is pretty useful so he grabs the url and shares it on Twitter and Facebook.
- Finally, William goes and updates his flash plugin.
See also the separate, relevant spec: PostCrash.
William: Blogging and sharing
- In addition to sharing the link to the plugin checker, William wants to blog about the out of process plugins feature.
- William notices that there is embed code for both the video and the article.
- He's surprised to see embed code for an article so he reads the help about that.
- Then he pastes the embed code in his blog.
- In the future when the article is updated, the version on his blog will get automatically updated (like google wave).
William: Add-on Crash
- Firefox crashes while syncing info so William restarts it.
- As Firefox restarts it is unable to find any relevant information based on his crash signature so he gets the "this is embarrassing" page with a list of the add-ons he's running and their troubleshooting pages on SUMO. (See also - PostCrash)
- Since William suspects that there was a problem with Firefox Sync he clicks that link and gets help.