- 1 Purpose
- 2 Outcome
- 3 Open issues/risks
- 4 Definition
- 5 Design
- 6 Implementation plan
- Better browsability and searchability for SUMO
- A reworked site architecture, with a structure that is browsable
- Improved display of search results
- What method do we want to use to automate parts of the topic pages?
- Topic and product landing pages: Where does the list and the images come from?
- How is the product picker sourced?
- code (easiest), database (needs front end), scraping a site
- How is the topic picker sourced?
- Product picker needs to be aware what product and topic the shown article belongs to. How do we do that?
- What does the "News" link in the main navigation do?
- Where do article images on topic landing pages come from?
- What do we do for locales?
- Machine translate all untranslated articles?
- Turn on new IA on a locale by locale basis?
- Have an option to use a simple home page with just the localized content?
- Login/Register (Username/Private message count)
- Language Picker
- Accessibility (link to landing page, only for screen reader, hidden with CSS)
- (possibly) editing tools
- Contributor items
- Topic Picker (1 level deep) (where is this sourced from, code (easiest), database (needs front end), srcaping a site)
- The content depends on the product and reflects the product landing page (means that product picker needs to know product and topic of article)
- Product Picker (sourced from code)
- OS picker
- Version Picker (only displayed when there is more than one version)
- OS picker
- Where does that data come from?
1. Living on the start page (Support Home)
2. Ideally as an overlay, fallback: make it it's own page
- Two ways to get there:
- Select a Task (first steps)
- Linked from the main navigation (Mozilla Software Help)
- shows a clickable product matrix. The target of the links depends on where the person is coming from
- Coming from Support Home and having chosen a task it will lead to the task landing page
- Coming from "Mozilla Software Help" and not having chose an task it will lead to the generic product landing page
3. In the sidebar on landing pages and article pages
- Support Home (support.mozilla.org)
- Task picker
- Product picker
- selection of news
- selection of hot topics
- Participate and Feedback links
- Product landing page: Lists all topics for a given product (where does the list and the images come from)
- Topic landing page: Lists all articles for a given Topic (where does the list and the images come from)
- Support home: support.mozilla.org
- Mozilla Software Help: Product Picker
- Hot topic: page that lists items (to be decided if that's aggregated automatically or manually)
- News: aggregated from a blog.
- Participate: Contributor documentation
- Feedback: Link to Input