- Ref integ of email addresses
- More customizable scoping
Trigger a notification
- Notify anytime any Document changes.
- Notify anytime a Document in a certain locale changes.
- Notify when a particular Document changes.
- Delete an object and make its watches go away.
- New articles or changes to Documents that are untranslated into de and that are localizable and that are approved.
- Notify when an approval happens in German.
- Major edits to Documents in English
- Major edits to Documents
- Any activity tagged with "blue"
- Anything Fred does
- Tell what the user is subscribed to
- Notify any new thread in a given discussion forum
- Notify any post (new thread or reply) in a given discussion forum
- Notify any post in a discussion thread
- Notify any new thread in any KB forum in a given locale
- Notify any post in any KB forum in a given locale
- Notify any new thread in a given KB forum
- Notify any post in a given KB forum
- Notify any post in a given KB forum thread
- Notify on new question (confirmed)
- Notify on new answer to a given question
- Notify on answer marked as solution to a given question
- Notify on new flagged item for review
Logged in user
- To email
- To private message
- (Future, other options?)
- To email
If a user registers, we should look for any anonymous watches with that email address and add them to the user, when the user is confirmed.
A strawman schedule—when to target having things up for review:
- 1/24: fire() offthreading (up for review)
- 1/26: object_id moving; de-duplication
- 1/28: templating; confirmation views
- 2/1: claiming; porting old client code & deleting old subsystem code (which go together)
- 2/4: migrating old watches
That should be possible with 2 people on it; we have between 3 and 4. Have fun!