This document is a plan for engineering a sustainable platform for SUMO. The goals are:
- Evaluate the updated Tiki platform for suitability as a codebase that can continue to grow and improve with SUMO and with other projects using it for support
- Improve SUMO code platform quality to
- Increase robustness and performance
- Increase developer happiness
- Reduce time to implement new features
Support/PlatformEngineeringTikiEvaluation discusses our evaluation of TikiWiki 5.1 as a possible future development platform. We arrived at a decision to rewrite the SUMO platform from scratch.
Support/Kitsune is our project to reimplement SUMO.
[Framework Matrix] looks at possible languages and frameworks for building the new SUMO.