On Wednesday June 11th we had a meeting to kick off planning for our next SFD. These are the details we've gathered so far.
Feedback is much appreciated either in the mozilla.support.planning newsgroup or in the contributor forum on support.mozilla.com
- 1 Meeting Agenda
- 2 When SFD3 Will take place
- 3 Goals/scope/theme
- 4 What do we want to repeat that went well from the last day?
- 5 What do we need to improve upon from the last day?
- 6 Events
- 7 Schedule
- 8 Promotion
- 9 Tasks
- When SFD3 will take place
- Goals/scope/theme for the day
- What do we want to repeat that went well from the last day?
- What do we need to improve upon from the last day?
- Events (workshops/speakers/support sessions etc.)
When SFD3 Will take place
- Inform users about the new UI
- Train new helpers
What do we want to repeat that went well from the last day?
- Sessions should be interactive
What do we need to improve upon from the last day?
- Have more people around after sessions to answer questions
- Have more people around to show people how to help
- The way we had multiple channels was confusing
- Using the same channel for speakers and workshops meant having to moderate it
- Using a website and the phone chat was confusing
- Gather more feedback
- Try video for speakers this time
- Encourage people to commit to the things they're going to do by e.g. blog about it on their personal blog?
We've decided that rather than having separate workshops and Q&A sessions, it made more sense this time around to combine them into presentations with Q&A sessions following. Some will be more like workshops and others will be more like Q&A, but we're not focusing on format this time.
Information sessions about Firefox 3
- Basic review of the new UI with Mike Connor
- Site Identification button and new security features - Johnathan Nightingale
- Places (Bookmarks, history and awesomebar) - Dietrich Ayala
- Tricks for powerusers - Seth Bindernagel
- New help system! - David Tenser's material hosted by Chris Ilias
Training sessions for contributors
How to find answers (Live Chat/Forums) How to request an article/documentation of something that's not covered in the kb Open Q+A sessions for each SUMO Job Fair!
Mogulus - Allows for webcams as well as broadcasting of prepared content.
- A driver is available for windows to make desktop sharing available as a webcam. See mconnor for details.
- 10:30 am PDT - Basic review of the new UI with Mike Connor
- 11:30 am PDT - Site Identification button and new security features - Johnathan Nightingale
- 12:30 pm PDT - Places (Bookmarks, history and awesomebar) - Dietrich Ayala
- 1:15 pm PDT - Tricks for powerusers - Seth Bindernagel
- 2:00 pm PDT - New help system! - David Tenser's material hosted by Chris Ilias
After the help session we should be available to help out people interested in contributing.
- Use plan from last day, email blogs etc.
- Advertise on the site - Sidebar module, front page ad?
- SFD Landing page
- Mozilla pages
- Announce newsgroup
Because we need to be ready very soon, we've isolated some specific tasks that need to be accomplished right away.
- Find out if it's better to have audio or if it's better to have desktop sharing
- Is desktop sharing or prepared video easier for the presenters? - Lucy
- Can we get a deal with adobe? - djst
- Approach people to speak - djst
- Create in site advertising for the day - zzxc
- Draft other advertising - Cww
- Decide on start time - Lucy
- Get some commitments from contributors - Lucy, cilias, np
Due by Release day
- Advertising and SFD page live
- Make sure how to help links are easy to find and easy to understand