Support/Weekly Meetings/Agenda 2018-09-12
- 1 Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
- 2 Call Details
- 3 Participate
- 4 PARTICIPANTS
- 5 AGENDA
- 5.1 COMMUNITY ROUNDTABLE
- 5.2 COOL COMMUNITY NEWS OF THE WEEK
- 5.3 CONTRIBUTORS OF THE WEEK
- 5.4 UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
(meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) starting at: 16:00 UTC  Quick reference timezone conversions: 9:00 PT 12:00 ET 17:00 CEST 21:30 IST
- California: 1-650-903-0800, pin 2 then 8437 then #
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Join the meeting on Vidyo (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
- Watch the meeting live via Vidyo
Please add your name and profile link (if you have one, Mozillians or support.mozilla.org)
Please add your agenda items here if you are a contributor or community member
- (from this thread) (join in!)
- I wonder why Mozilla makes the entry barrier to a user getting support so high? Why not use "real" forum software and not use this pseudo social networking software such as what Discourse and SUMO uses? Or maybe my perception is skewed due to my age?
- What would be "real" forum software? Kitsune has a very good setup for what we need, developed over many iterations (with slightly outdated visuals that will be upgraded soon); Discourse has a very modern infrastructure (which is not focused on support)
- But seeing that Mozilla is providing support for Firefox on a few social media web sites, and on Reddit, how about a place for Firefox users who feel more comfortable in a traditional forum setting?
- We try different ideas to be where the users are. We drive most of the traffic to our forums (e.g. from Firefox), but users are also visiting and using sites they prefer (e.g. social media).
- And why can't this forum use a Firefox Account registration for users who come here the first time? I am well aware of the history of all the various separate registration schemes that Mozilla has had for the various Mozilla websites, but I surely expected that Mozilla Persona would be enabled for all Mozilla sometime in 2011.
- Good question :) Will raise this with Madalina
COOL COMMUNITY NEWS OF THE WEEK
- Ivory Coast Event https://twitter.com/abbackardiomand/status/991368417910444035
- SUMO Day - last day on Friday, but we still need alot of help next week, want to run a sprint?
CONTRIBUTORS OF THE WEEK
(Please link to their profile and add a reason for nomination)
- Michele, for causing and solving a small redirect issue in Italian :)
- Tonnes, for chasing the forever phantom KB articles
UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- 2 crashes - NVIDIA drivers and URL bar indexing stopped working in 62
- New bugs:
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1255488 <--- Kitsune 3 year old bug,
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1465787 <--- NVIDIA's nView Desktop Management
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1489099 <--- polygon rendering bug affects sketchab
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1489214 <--- multiple monitors regression
- Updates to the redesign may be going live soon. Check out the PRs for the latest fixes
- Analysis for the Phase 2 of UX redesign ongoing
KNOWLEDGE BASE AND LOCALIZATION
- KB stats from August. Some highlights:
- Ahmad in Arabic
- Sarwar and Nazir for Bengali
- kicin for Bosnian
- soucet for Czech
- Joergen and Kim for Danish
- Artist for German
- Jim Spentzos for Greek
- Angela and Kevin for Spanish
- YD, Mozinet, and Goofy for French
- Mahtab for Hindi
- Kalman for Hungarian
- Michele and Simone for Italian
- dskmori and marsf for Japanese
- seulgi for Korean
- Tonnes for Dutch
- TyDraniu for Polish
- Marcelo for Brazilian
- Manuela for Portuguese
- Valery, Anticisco, and Harry for Russian
- kusavica and Marcel for Slovak
- Lan for Slovenian
- Chen, Wengsheng, and Bor for Chinese
- Over 520 edits in the last 7 days in the KB! Thank you so much!
- Top 50 sprint for Arabic, Gujarati, Hindi, Telugu, Bengali, Bosnian, Slovak, and Tamil in effect!
- International Translation Day coming at the end of the month - ideas for making it special?
- Thank you for joining SUMO day this week, see you again on Friday!
- Response Rate 81% for all questions 61% of Firefox Desktop
- Top 10 Viewed threads created 9/3 - 9/11
- Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF836A36FB1 (xul.dll) in firefox.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x0000029F7A02DFDC. Crash sig js::DecompressStringChunk
- I used to have notes on certain bookmarks in the properties of the bookmarks. After the latest automatic update to 62.0, I have lost all the various notes. Solved: "Export your bookmarks to the HTML format. Descriptions are still there." - alternative add-on bookmark-notes
- Sign In - cannot sign into Firefox on Firefox Focus
- Change name on account
- Nothing works to recover bookmarks and history Solved - new profile
- menu bar highlight Firefox customization Solved in CSS reddit forums (highest bounce rate)
- Can't get answer for Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER in your FAQ - certificate of website was set up wrong always use www.ssllabs.com to test the domain certificate.
- Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR 52) ESR no longer supported and neither is XP - ftp site will always have older versions, but no fixes.
- When I try to download Firefox ESR 52 version I still get the download of version 60.
- Contributors Active this week:185!
- Please welcome back Gerd, HerbertMoreno, Mkll :D, Mkk, Pravin, Sharath, Selim, Dynisha!
- SUMO Day Yesterday and Monday and last week were amazing, thank you for joining! Join again on Friday for another round of troubleshooting tweets.
- See any new tags - please add them to the spreadsheet in the second sheet
- Response rate 271 replies 177 AoA 293 help me (We need some rules to tag more Help Me or some of these threads have way more than one reply! way to go) _Action Item: Fix the % metrics...
- 14 active in Reply and 7 Casual Supporters! Way to go!
DECISIONS AND ACTION ITEMS
- Add discussion topics from earlier to be added to the thread linked above.
FUN ZONE - JOKES, ETC.
- From Sumo Day "Mkll> Hey fellow SUMO good-dooers! Have a laugh here: https://twitter.com/B0OKLE/status/1039529192885374976"
- Share a song for SUMO Day in the Off-Topic forum!