Support/Weekly Meetings/Agenda 2019-01-16
- 1 Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
- 2 Call Details
- 3 Participate
- 4 please note that the agenda should not be edited starting 2 hours prior to the event - thanks!
- 5 PARTICIPANTS
- 6 AGENDA
- 6.1 COMMUNITY ROUNDTABLE
- 6.2 COOL COMMUNITY NEWS OF THE WEEK
- 6.3 CONTRIBUTORS OF THE WEEK
- 6.4 UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
(meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) starting at: 16:00 UTC  Quick reference timezone conversions: 9:00 PT 12:00 ET 17:00 CEST 21:30 IST
- California: 1-650-903-0800, pin 2 then 8437 then #
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Join the meeting on Vidyo (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
- Watch the meeting live via Vidyo
please note that the agenda should not be edited starting 2 hours prior to the event - thanks!
Please add your name and profile link (if you have one, Mozillians or support.mozilla.org)
Please add your agenda items here if you are a contributor or community member
COOL COMMUNITY NEWS OF THE WEEK
- https://events.mozilla.org/firefox65supportsprint Please join SUMO Week for Firefox 65, we are going to try the team thing again and we hope that you can join.
CONTRIBUTORS OF THE WEEK
(Please link to their profile and add a reason for nomination)
UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
- TestPilot will be saying goodnight if you missed the blog post and tweet yesterday  and the tweet
- Profiles in Firefox Nightly, keep an eye out for an update around that.
- Firefox 65 is coming to you on the 29th of January, stay tuned for updates around this quiet release.
KNOWLEDGE BASE AND LOCALIZATION
- Updates to locales visible (and available) on the Support site. You should see changes soon here: https://support.mozilla.org/kb/locales and here: https://pontoon.mozilla.org/projects/sumo/.
- Content updates in the Knowledge Base: Firefox - please prioritize these!
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/personalized-extension-recommendations (hidden for now)
- Content updates in the Knowledge Base: Firefox for iOS
- Content updates: not related to upcoming releases
- Two major discussions around changing the placement of the Solution button and the time of the threads archived can be found in the general contributor forums. The forums are a great place to discuss community topics, get information about the Firefox product and look for help meeting other community members. Please review the CPGs and Forum Community Guidelines if it is your first time participating.
- There has been a discussion around SEO spam - please be aware of users posting questions with mainly links, this is a good indication that it is a user just trying to increase their web rank - report any threads to the 'Report Abuse' button if you notice any.
- Collaboration in the advanced forum is a great way to work together check out those threads that need more help today here
- Top questions new this week in the queue:
- Google search engine doesn't work anymore with newest Firefox version and FF does not save password both are questions from older versions of Firefox. A more recent question from What happened to my firefox containers? needs some expert help.
- The new year is here and we would love to see you again if you have time. The debate on availability can be voted upon in this doodle.