Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
(meeting duration approx. 45 minutes) starting at: 17:00 UTC 
|Northern winter||Northern summer|
|09:00 PT||10:00 PDT|
|11:00 CST||12:00 CDT|
|17:00 UTC||17:00 UTC|
|18:00 CET||19:00 CEST|
|22:30 IST||22:30 IST|
- California: 1-650-903-0800, pin 2 then 8437 then #
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 2 - then 8437 then #
- Join the meeting on Zoom (You'll have to download and install the Zoom Desktop client)
- You can also watch the meeting, via AirMozilla or YouTube.
- SUMO - Matrix channel
Please add your name and your SUMO profile link (you can also attend our event in the community portal):
(Please link to their profile and the reason for the mention)
- Thank you to everyone who contributed to the release of Firefox 117 for Desktop, as well as all of the contributors who participated in the release thread.
- Shout out to Paul for his work updating the Browsing history in Firefox - View the websites you have visited article for FireFox v118.
TOPIC OF THE WEEK
- FireFox accounts Rebrand: Firefox accounts is becoming Mozilla accounts. You can learn more about that here: Firefox accounts renamed to Mozilla accounts: What you need to know
- Over the years, Firefox accounts expanded its role beyond being solely an authentication solution for Firefox Sync. It now serves as Mozilla's main authentication and account management service for a wide range of products and services, supporting millions of active account customers globally. As such, the original "Firefox" branding no longer accurately reflects the broad scope of Mozilla's offerings.
- Editorial guidelines for Mozilla accounts
- Review Checker integration into Firefox Desktop V119 and Android/IOS V12
- Foxfooding is in progress currently. NDA'd contributors on Slack can join the Foxfooding channel non NDA'd contributors who are interested can get an invite. Share your preferred email with Sarto and we will ask the Foxfooding team to invite you.
- We will be running a campaign similar to previous Major release sentiment tracking campaigns we have done in the past. We will request assistance in identifying inbound specific to the review checker integration, to label and add those questions to a tracking spreadsheet. More details to come via a discussion thread on SUMO in the upcoming weeks.
- When this lands, it will be US only to start and will only work on 3 shopping sites. We should expect some follow up time to quality check the integration , add functionality, and ensure its working as intended in the US before it looks to be expanded to more shopping stores and regions.
MOZILLA'S WORLD UPDATE
- Did you know that International Red Panda Day was on Saturday, Sept. 16? Check out the blog post Seeing a Firefox IRL on the Mozilla blog!
Desktop V118 (Sept 26)
- Finger Printing protections update
- Google Trending predictions - Awesome Bar Drop-down
- FxA 3rd Party Authentication
- New Interaction metrics turned on in 118
Mobile V118 (Sept 26)
- [Android] In browser printing
- [VPN] New 'My Devices' page (Sept 26)
- We found some late breaking issues in Thunderbird 115 so automatic updates from 102 to TB 115 are currently off. (users already on 115 will continue to get automatic updates to newer 115s) Hoping to resolve this later this next week.
KNOWLEDGE BASE AND LOCALIZATION
- Content Community Best Practices for Bugzilla Tickets
- Bugzilla best practices when contributing to the Knowledge Base Content queue within support.mozilla.org.
- Call for Localization Help!: We need your help with localization for the Firefox accounts renamed to Mozilla accounts: What you need to know article.