Support/Weekly Meetings/Minutes 2010-08-16
- Quick patches.
- Went out on Tuesday.
- (formerly 2.2.1)
- 3 new forum features.
- Will freeze very soon, hopefully go out Thursday.
- Not taking new bugs.
- Mobile forum/user merge.
- Migration work already near-complete.
- By the end of the month.
- Last week's on-site was a great success.
- Our time-line should see us ship near the end of October, as planned.
- It's an aggressive schedule. We'll need a lot of focus.
- That document doesn't include 2.2.2 and 2.2.3, but we're working on them.
- After 2.3 is 2.4, which finishes the transition from Tiki Wiki.
- We're taking steps to improve our processes:
- Specifying 3 distinct "freezes": feature complete, string frozen, and code complete.
- Moving to a new branching model, more like Firefox.
- Plan to set up a test day toward the end of September, near feature-complete target.
- Last week - prepping for mobile merge and fx beta.
- This week - lots of article writing for fx beta and twitter signpost project.
- Possibly draft new style guide in parallel with drafting new articles.
- Matthew to write an article on "How to write answer support questions"
- Since the forum push live chat questions are up 20%.
- Cheng put up a list of tags in the contributors forum, check it out.