Support/Weekly Meetings/Minutes 2011-02-07
- SUMO 2.5 freeze today. This is mainly visual updates to Support Questions and backend updates to how notifications work.
- Next Tuesday is the 2.5 release.
- Thursday SUMO hosting is moving from San Jose to Phoenix.
- No hard date for 2.6 (mobile layouts) yet but expect end of Feb/beginning of March.
No items were discussed.
- Some things are still missing from the spreadsheet because the database queries that created them aren't valid anymore and have to be rewritten.
- Because of the sumo hosting move to Phoenix, the Metrics Dashboard will need to be updated to see SUMO database in it's new location.
- We still need to figure out how to make the dashboard public / make a public version of the dashboard. Until then we'll need to copy those metrics to the spreadsheet.
- Michael is continuing with Fx 4 updates:
- These top articles were finished last week and localizers were notified that they were ready (but that there could be changes as Fx 4 changes prior to release).
- There is already a change needed to Clear Recent History
- There are lots of threads in the Articles forum with suggestions and changes. Michael will try to comment on as many as possible but in general, he's trying to work in order of popularity.
- Even though we're trying to work in order of popularity, Mobile articles also need work even though they generally fall pretty far down the list (#100+)
- Michael will also be working on screencasts this week. He will work with Engagement to come up with a plan for collaborating on some of the videos - possibly happening in Mountain View later in the month.
- Work is continuing on small screen layouts for SUMO. Michael has been working with Jason Grlicky on these.
- Technical note: Implementation details have changed - Our original approach was to send the same HTML and CSS to all clients. The new approach will be to send different HTML (and other assets) to different clients. We'll still use some method of in-client detection for the desktop/full version to offer the mobile version of the site.
- No update this week
- No update this week