Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2012-06-25
Mondays (meeting duration approx. 60 minutes) at:
- 9:00 AM PST
- 12:00 Noon EST
- 16:00 UTC during summer
- 18:00 CET
- 11:00 CST
Phone call details:
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 9309 then #,
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 9309 then #
Participate in the video:
- Video link (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
irc.mozilla.org: #sumo <== Click the link to use web-based chat
Sumo Development Update
- 2012.12 sprint
- Unified search is in prod (behind a flag)
- Met with John Slater and Lee Tom last Thrusday to kick off the redesign. Bug 762255. Lots of explanations about why I chose five pages to serve as templates (comment #5)
- The design is hoped to be finished by July 9. It starts today.
- I will be working hand in hand with Lee. He will first establish the visual direction. I will help and adapt the design to the various page elements, whenever he needs it
Worked with Rehan and Ricky for these bugfixes:
- Bug 759831 – AAQ flow progress bar, check it out
- Also new, the icons are bigger (thanks, Ibai). This should make the whole process more easy on user
- Next step: bug 758731, which is to shorten the AAQ flow. Chime in with your ideas!
- Bug 758604 – Search button is now labeled “Search Mozilla Support”, as the research recommended!
- Action item: the next time we perform a search analysis, the volume of searches for “Facebook” or other websites should go down
- Bug 757608 – AoA notification
- I worked on the Events Manager UX (Community Tools) last week
- The Big Move
- The timing might be spot on
- Before I can adapt the visual design to the rest of the pages, I will need to review Lee’s work and help him along the way
- Reviewing and helping will not take as much time as the actual design
- This will give me some free time to prepare for the move
- (It will happen relatively quickly and, I hope, also painlessly)
Firefox Status Update
- Firefox 13.0.2 - Will be held on beta for at least a week due to risk
- Flash needs to push update. Want to do it in the background without a prompt.
- Firefox does not support this background updating. Must have 13.0.2 updates for it to go through.
- Please add your comments, questions and updates here.
- The number of questions is on a somewhat high level, but our response rate is equally high.
- We have added daily data to the contributors KPI.
- L10n coverage is down, but that is expected, because we updated a large number of articles.
- Rosana wants to take a closer look at how we measure L10n coverage. Ibai and Kadir to help with that.
- Support forum above 95% questions answered whole last week
- AoA keeps growing reaching 123 contributors, some contributors had problems with accounts being disabled by Twitter, we're investigating the issue
- Community survey is live, please take a moment and fill it in!
- We're moving forward with Facebook support. The first tests were ran last week, Madalina will blog about more this week.
- We'll also be notified by user engagement about any activity on Facebook, so we can react to it.
- Madalina talked to contributor engagement and will be working on onboarding new localizers.
- New Swedish localizers are getting started.
- mzl.la share article links are ready now for most of the article
- Search Tuning started last week. Anyone who wants to participate in these sessions is welcome. It is not required!
- Automated Navigation is still progressing. We met last week to discuss UX implications. Meeting later to discuss L10n implications and benefits. Please add your thoughts and concerns to the wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Support/Kitsune/Features/Auto-Nav
- 99% questions answered on SUMO Day! We are discussing what are the next steps with SUMO Day, please join the thread here
- Special SUMO Day to be organized this week due to NativeUI release
- Working with Anne-Marie Bourcier (TB marketing), Jen Zickerman (TB technical writer) on a possible pilot project for Thunderbird Badges using the Mozilla Open Badge infrastructure