Support/Weekly Meetings/Notes 2016-08-31
- Meeting Details (scroll down for the agenda)
(meeting duration approx. 30 minutes) starting at:
11:00 :00 EDT
- California: 1-650-903-0800, x92 then 98437 then #
- Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 98437 then #
- Skype (free): +1 800 707 2533, pin 369 - then 98437 then #
Participate in the video:
- Video link => https://v.mozilla.com/flex.html?roomdirect.html&key=XhVLBG3KfHs2 (You'll have to download and install the Vidyo Desktop client)
- Watch the meeting live via Vidyo => https://vreplay.mozilla.com/replay/webcastShow.html?key=7XJSKkkHrCE9ZP4
- AirMozilla: https://air.mozilla.org/search/?q=sumo
Read the most important updates from this meeting at:
http://blog.mozilla.org/sumo (updated every week)
irc.mozilla.org #sumo - web-based IRC: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.mozilla.org/sumo
Participants (add your name and profile):
- cilias https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/user/Chris_Ilias
- rtanglao on SUMO Roland Tanlao
======== AGENDA ========
ACTION ITEMS FROM LAST WEEK
===== UPDATES AND ANNOUNCEMENTS =====
=== COMMUNITY ===
- Is anyone going to Berlin on September 10/11?
- MIGRATION Q&A https://support.mozilla.org/forums/contributors/712103
Q: (AliceWyman) After the KB articles are migrated, will the "Refresh Firefox" button in support articles still work?
A: (jscher2000): Assuming the script will run, the call to Refresh and other UITour features are whitelisted on the following domains and should be ignored on other domains:
Q: (AliceWyman) Which content from the (contributor and support) forums will be migrated?
A: We are still seeing if this is possible or not and we will give a list with of what will and will not. However at the moment the perspective is that it's not easy to accomplish. The technical team will be amazing help here. It will happen in three steps (1) Check with Lithium to see if its possible and how much we can migrate (2) a discussion with the community with which are prioritized and which are no longer needed or spam etc (3) Looking at the technical specs of what can be migrated and for those that are not migrated we can find a solution that will capture it in a different form. (example a new knowledge base article )
Contributor(s) of the week:
2 weeks before next release / 4 weeks after current release
- Only Joni or other admins can introduce and/or approve potential last minute changes of next release content; only Joni or other admins can set new content to RFL; localizers should focus on this content
- All other existing content is deprioritized, but can be edited and localized as usual
New content ready for localization for 49 release:
- Updated Hello EOL article to say that Hello is gone: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/hello-status
- Reader mode can read articles out loud: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages
- Adjust the width and line spacing of Reader Mode text: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/firefox-reader-view-clutter-free-web-pages
- Files can now be looped through the built-in controls in the context menu: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/html5-audio-and-video-firefox
- Play audio and video at 1.25× speed through the context menu: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/html5-audio-and-video-firefox
- Non-SSE2 deprecation page: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/your-hardware-no-longer-supported
Thank you, Inma! https://support.mozilla.org/user/inma_610
- Welcome Exal and Rahul to the beginning of the social support journey, please do not hesitate to reach out to get started with your new accounts.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to get started supporting Mozilla product users on Facebook and Twitter as the Mozilla Brand
- Today is the last day to vote for the social teams sxsw submission, thank you again for all those who have helped http://panelpicker.sxsw.com/vote/64845
- Please contact Rachel today about any feedback about the sprinklr tool and anything about the workflow of the two main dashboards you may be running into. Thank you
Last call for the SUMO Firefox 48 report, this will be published today or the end of the week.
Reminder to those having issues with email notifications a work around has been provided by jscher2000 in the forums for a page called "myq"
General community news:
=== PRODUCT UPDATES ===
===== DECISIONS AND ACTION ITEMS =====