Support/playground/l10n/Help wanted/Building l10n community
THIS IS JUST A DRAFT / WORK IN PROGRESS. ACTUAL DOCUMENTATION CAN BE FOUND AT SUPPORT.MOZILLA.ORG.
How to build a community
Building a community is a great way to reach all your goals at SUMO and having a lot of fun while doing it. Some great friendships were born here, so you might end up having a lot of friends. Building a healthy community is an art that gets interpreted very differently by everyone. We'll give you some ideas and tools, you can use the ones that adapt the best to your style:
- Friendliness: being friendly is one of the easiest and most effective ways to build a community and encourage people to help.
- Creating onboarding materials: this will help you train new contributors more efficiently, because you won't need to explain everything to everyone. Creating a glossary and some best practices will help you.
- Rewarding contributors: telling other contributors how great they are in private and public is a great way to motivate them and show appreciation. You can ask for swag from the SUMO team as well! Contact the community manager.
- Organizing events: organizing events online or offline is a great way to get to know your community better and get an extra boost of motivation to achieve a goal. If you need help with this, ask the community manager, the l10n forum or a Rep in your locale.
- Communicate: if you have regular communication channels like a mailing list, a forum thread, chat or video calls, you can rally your community around the goals.