- 1 Tricks
- 2 How to make changes
- 3 How to add tbpl and trychooser patches
- 4 Testing changes
How to trigger arbitrary jobs
How to test different chunk ratios
- Look in your tree for testing/config/mozharness
- Find the config you care about and the suite you want to experiment with
- Append the --total-chunks that you want to try and push to try
--- a/testing/config/mozharness/linux_mulet_config.py - "--appname=%(application)s", "%(test_manifest)s" + "--appname=%(application)s", "%(test_manifest)s", + ""--total-chunks", "25"
How to run automation jobs locally
How to try a mozharness patch in automation
- Land a patch in here http://hg.mozilla.org/build/ash-mozharness
- No review needed
- Coordinate with the person that has landed recently
- Backout your changes once done
- Re-trigger the job that you desired in Ash (https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Ash)
- It will checkout the latest ash-mozharness code
How to hack talos from your user repo
- Create your talos user repo
- Modify talos.json to point to your repo and to the "default" branch
- Push to try
- Keeping on hacking on your talos user repo
- Keep on re-triggering the talos job on tbpl until it does what you want
How to pass information to mozharness through the commit message
I have seen it but I don't know how. TBD
How to make changes
How to add a new job to treeherder
Most jobs are running on Mozilla's Releng infrastructure and these steps will only apply to that. With regards to adding jobs to TaskCluster I don't know a thing.
For Releng's buildbot:
- We need changes in buildbot-configs
- Let's aim to enable on Try or one of the Disposable branches first before enabling across the board
- We might also need changes to mozharness, mozilla-central, treeherder and trychooser
- You can see a buildbot-config change in here.
- You can see a mozharness change in here.
Once you have a buildbot-config patch, you can determine if it is working by running this simple script. This will setup a buildbot environment for you and run some tests.
Once that patch is ready, you can request a review from someone from Releng or the A-team. We might need more changes but
NOTE: I'm still working on this section to have steps that are easily understood by developers.
How to add a new builder/job on buildbot-configs
- First enable it on try and make it not run by default
- TODO add notes as to how
How to develop for mozharness
How to add an in-tree config to mozilla-central
How to add tbpl and trychooser patches
- You can use ./test-masters.sh to test that your changes are valid
- You can also determine which builders are added with a patch with list_builder_differences.sh
- That script also sets up a buildbot virtualenv under ~/.mozilla/releng
- You can run ./unit.sh
- See section on how to run mozharness with Ash
non-mozbase python packages
I had some code somewhere that allowed us on Ash to point to a people account.
TODO: Document this properly