User:Rtanglao/Roland Unofficial FF 59 Support Report
- An unofficial support work in progress always DRAFT report for Firefox 59 Desktop for power users and mozilla support volunteers, NOT for "normal" :-) users, what are we missing? either edit or irc me :rolandtanglao on #sumo or email me rtanglao AT mozilla.com or slack me @roland (you can find me in #sumo2). My apologies that some some of the linked documents are employee only; I wish we could be more "default by open" but not my call!
- After the end of the first 3 weeks we should do a pretty report in Google Docs with graphs!
- Also please note that we are not qualitative researchers, if you want something more scientific :-), please contact Matt Grimes of Strategy and Insights; his excellent team of qualitative and quantitative researchers can do something more formal and cool for you!
- 1 Source documents
- 2 13 March 2018 Launch Day
- 3 14 March 2018 Day 2
- 4 15 March 2018 Day 3
- 5 16 March 2018 Day 4
- 6 17 March 2018 Day 5
- 7 18 March 2018 Day 6
- 8 19 March 2018 Day 7
- 9 13-19 March 2018 Week 1
- 10 20-26 March 2018 Week 2
- 11 27 March - 2 April 2018 Week 3
- 12 3-9 April 2018 Week 4
- 13 Recurring non FF59-specific Things we learned from SUMO
- previous report: Rtanglao/Roland_Unofficial_FF_58_Support_Report
- New features (pdfium instead of pdf.js on Windows primarily for printing?!? <-- no user facing UX changes ; etc)
SUMO KB articles
NON SUMO docs
New web extension developments in 59:
13 March 2018 Launch Day
- see below: noticed in SUMO forum thread: Websites not displaying properly in Firefox 59 (technically it was day 2 since it was 1:44a.m. :-) )
- Yahoo search engine: bug 1443957,bug 1442738
Non SUMO forums: Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, Quora, others?
- bug 1435472 - Invalid page rendering with hardware acceleration enabled - found 1 month ago in beta
- noticed in release in reddit thread: Sites not loading properly (did a refresh / tried safe mode..) - workaround disable hardware acceleration
- noticed in SUMO forum thread: Websites not displaying properly in Firefox 59
- bug 1435472 comment 21: "Enabling cleartype does seem to reduce the frequency of incorrectly rendered pages, but only by 50% or so. Roughly a third of all pages still seem to intermittently render with a large number of missing or misplaced elements" <-- so much for a possible workaround :-)