for discussion only!!!!
FAQ and Background
- goal - retroactively recognize old timers! and get some inactive old timers to re-energize!
- will be moved to an official wiki page Contribute/Conversion_points#Support ) when done!!!!!
- with regards to Tshirt it would be great to have a 1 Tshirt per area (1 tshirt per area per year would be excessive) not sure how realistic making 5 tshirts would be but it would be awesome!
- starting in 2009 was an arbitrary start time; should we start earlier? I say no because remembering will be difficult! and i doubt we have the data before 2009 but I could be wrong
- a total of 17 badges in 5 areas; I envision each area having a separate graphic with the appropriate year superimposed on top of the graphic
- Therefore a designer needs to design 5 SUMO bages bearing in mind that the year will be superimposed
- 2013 badges will be issued in early 2014
- the above is phase 1, in phase 2 is TBD but I would like to award algorthmic badges in real-time like web-dev (e.g. for web dev when a certain number of commits is done the badge is auto-issued by code for SUMO ; thinking out loud example maybe 5 approved KB edits causes a badge to be issued)
|Functional Area||Conversion Point #1||Conversion Point #2||Conversion Point #3||Conversion Point #4||Conversion #5|
|Support||10 non trivial, non spam KB English edits (1 KB badge per year starting in 2009; i.e. KB2009, KB2010, KB2011, KB2012)||10 Forum posts (1 Forum badge per year starting in 2009;i.e. Forum2009, Forum2010, Forum2011, Forum2012)||5 Livechats (1 badge Livechat badge per year starting in 2009, ending in 2012 i.e. Livechat2010, Livechat2011, Livechat2012||10 army of awesome tweets (starting in 2011 when army of awesome started 1 livechat badge per year i.e. AoA2011, AoA2012)||L10N - 10 translation edits of KB OR 10 SUMO website translations i.e. L10N2009, L10N2010, L10N2011, L10N2012|
|Data source||manually done using old tiki wiki & kitsune database, sumo team||manually done using old tiki wiki & kitsune database, sumo team||manually done:is this in a db?||manually done using old tiki wiki & kitsune database, sumo team||manually done using old tiki wiki & kitsune database, sumo team|
Feedback from Madalina
Feedback from Rosana
- +1 !
- We have the images from the creative team, that means that we already have images for each area, so making the T-shirts shouldn't be a problem :)
- it would be great to go back as far as possible
- can't we get anything earlier? it seems to far away, I'd love to recognize contributors earlier
- can't wait to see this!
Feedback from Michael
Maybe we don't need db dumps. Just start a contributor thread and brainstorm the list of contributors in each area starting with a list of 2012 contributors. Then issue one "vintage" badge per area covering all work prior to 2013.