« previous meeting | Weekly Meetings | next week »
- 9:00 AM Mountain View Time (UTC -7)
- 650-903-0800 x92 Conf# 227 (US/INTL)
- irc.mozilla.org #Verbatim for backchannel
- (notetaker: Fred)
Seth, Gandalf, Fred
- Quick roundtable
- Pootle roadmap
- should we ask Alaa to join next week's meeting?
- Preliminary Q3 goals:
- Verbatim --> AMO / SUMO
- Client tool research (More details from Seth?)
- Find weak points in Verbatim UI and get fixes on their way
- Plan and design beta support for Firefox (discuss at l10n meetup?)
- l10n meetup goals
- Got staging instance back up, had problems with LDAP. LDAP login possible again, but no local user data is stored/present automatically. Filed Pootle bug 1024 about it with no comments yet, planning on asking clouserw for advice.
- Working on hooking up AMO again (bug 502896): Found existing Python scripts on sm-cms01, will reuse/fix them and track them in SVN.
- Consider switching LDAP to LDAPS?
- Assign bugs
- Failed to get Remora working locally :(
- Fred asked Pootle guys for SVN write access for e-gandalf and fwenzel,
- Seth asked about Pootle roadmap
- need further info on goals of next Pootle release
- Goals discussion:
- product localization not a big problem, every localizer likes it
- bigger problem: websites etc.
- Can we create a tool to make it easier?
- Product localization works well -- better direction seems to be improving website l10n
- "Crowd-sourcing" l10n: single string localization on mobile devices?
- Central goals:
- Provide better tools for localizing all of Mozilla's web assets in a sustainable and community-driven way.
- Make a "one-stop shop" for l10n of Mozilla websites
- Make it easy for people to sign up and start localizing
- Allow l10n communities to switch on/off products to be localized online.
- Making it easier for people to localize and actually get this into the tree.
- Order of goals:
- AMO, SUMO
- Other websites
- tie different tools together (narro, pootle, one-stop-shop)
- l10n.m.o page (like QMO etc.)
- Will keep "old" bugs around until we can decide if they have been fixed or are still valid.
- Assign new bugs to gandalf and Fred
- AMO -> Fred
- SUMO -> gandalf
- AMO .po file migration to msgctext -> gandalf
- LDAP fixes -> Fred
- Seth will ask one of the Pootle guys to join the meeting next week to discuss goals
- Next week's meeting may be any time between 6-9am Pacific depending on Pootle guys' schedule
- Fred: Will need to refine Q3 goals together with Morgamic. (see above). If necessary, will schedule a meeting to discuss these again.