Changes to current websites
- Treat people differently based on browser or other things
- Offer FF users addons on mozilla.com
- Single Sign-on for all sites
- More visibility for upcoming versions of websites. Link to them directly.
- AMO: Login without leaving current page.
- Support open technologies (openid, oauth)
- Shopping cart functionality for addons
- AMO: get bug list down (currently ~500). Work on fixing more bugs for each update. Work on old bugs.
- Embed widgets on public sites that use AMO data.
- Feeds of any data
How to encourage community participation
- Better documentation
- University outreach
- Easier access to creating a development environment
- Public server for developers to work on
- Create a vmware image to run amo (Les and Wil)
- Open API for AMO, will allow developers to use our data
New project ideas
- Recommendation system for addons. Like Amazon. Suggest.
- Favorite extensions app for Facebook
- Writeable api for AMO.
- Tool to create FF installs with selectable extensions
- Web developer pack, localizer pack, etc.
- Search engine that covers all our websites.
- Organizational dashboard covering projects every team is working on.
- Centralize places to put stuff. We have wiki, google docs, basecamp, writeboards & bugzilla.
- More inter-group coordination.
- Create an open web technology showpiece for mozilla.org redesign
- Find ways to integrate AMO and mozdev to make it easy for developers to create an add-on and then publish it