This page contains the details for the Affiliates Redesign project.
- Visually update site.
- Improve user experience.
- Add new features to increase retention and activity.
- Increase amount of data available to both users and admins about banner performance.
- [P1] Update visual design to match Sandstone.
- [P2] Add user profile page that includes a user's leaderboard rank, website, and their buttons and some basic stats about how well the buttons are performing.
- [P1] Add gamification elements.
- [P1] Notifications upon reaching certain milestones and the ability to share those milestones.
- [P2] Award Open Badges upon reaching milestones.
- [P2] Ability to send badges to Backpack.
- [P2] Ability to share badges on Mozillians.
- [P1] Expand leaderboard to show all users, allow filtering, and show more information about users.
- [P1] Make the leaderboard public.
- [P1] Create a Banner generator that allows users and localizers to create and translate banners.
- V1 of this is a tool for us to build banners faster.
- V2 is for marketplace integration, with restricted functionality for app developers so they can build buttons to promote their app after authentication through marketplace
- [P2] Add ability to generate banners without an account.
- [P2] Prompt for account creation right before saving the banner.
- [P2] Add a widget that users can embed on their website that shows their leaderboard rank.
- [P3] Move the FAQ to SUMO (needs discussion)
- [P1] Add text-only banners
- [P1] Track what locale a user uses the site in.
- [P1] Add new graphs for showing a banner's performance.
- [P1] Clicks over time.
- [P1] Integrate with Marketplace
- Integration with Marketplace may not be available for redesign, so we will redesign to make integration in the future possible.
- [P1] Award users with Marketplace credits?
- [P1] Allow Marketplace to create Affiliate banners to point to specific apps.
- [P1] Track real Firefox downloads.
- [P1] Add more callouts for contributors, such as "Don't see a banner in your language? Click here to find out how to add your language!"
- [P2] Add space for promotions on the front page that change every few months.
- [P2] Show users the most popular buttons.
- [P1] Switch to Persona-only login.
- [P1] Add new statistics for administrators.
- [P1] Average number of banner per signup.
- [P1] Rate of signups that produce X banner.
- [P1] Language of created banner vs user language.
- [P1] Button performance, filter by size, color, banner type (text or graphical)
- [P2] Percentage of traffic vs users, i.e. "5% of users generate 80% of our traffic"
- Bug 697766 - Old UX Review
- Bug 701108 - Mark required fields on signup form
- Bug 715596 - Bulk Uploading Banners
- Bug 716060 - Better show user the banner they just created
- Bug 725640 - Excessive scrolling during banner creation process
- Bug 726068 - Easily see which banners are live
- Bug 726834 - Tabzilla on Affiliates
- Bug 740527 - Language selector
- Bug 740566 - Add hint to banner language selection step that users can help translate by contributing
- Bug 740585 - W3C Validity
- Bug 744883 - Filter HTML in display names vs Escaping it
- Bug 752665 - Updating copy to be less Firefox-specific
- Bug 760650 - Smaller header