- 1:00pm PST (21:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 879 4799 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
- 1 In Attendance
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Product Management and Marketing Updates
- 4 Foundation Updates
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx/TB 18.104.22.168 + Fx 22.214.171.124
- Shipped Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 and Firefox 188.8.131.52 partner updates last week
- QA still working with Dev to sort out 184.108.40.206 partner builds
- Mconnor driving 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168 release
- Need to figure out plans for Major Updates
- Start scheduling for 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199
- Thunderbird 2 code and string freeze still scheduled for tonight. Things look good for bouncing of zarro bugs by tomorrow.
bsmedberg: please note new build system requirements and upgrade your Windows build trees to MozillaBuild ASAP.
- Taking over tinderbox support via tickets
- More details on the new process from build
- Still working with build to take over Nagios build monitors
- Community machine up and running in .nl
- See Seth for access/resources
- Supporting build/qa last week and this week
- 6 new machines coming online this week for build, 1 already installed
- VMWare upgrades are coming - expect them in the next few weeks
- Deploying remaining static sites and cvs-mirror to .nl this week
- Looking at how to add dynamic applications to .nl load balancing pool
- Time zone, PHP, kernel and phone system upgrades/patches are being done as possible - look for downtime
- Working through netscaler issues - currently are stable, but continuing to work with netscaler engineering
- lxr -> mxr migration - please test at: mxr.mozilla.org -- currently re-syncing data, ETA 6 to 8 hours, then should be up-to-date from now on.
- IT is taking over first-level support of Tinderbox this week; details will be posted in the newsgroups and planet this afternoon, but the most important change is we're tracking outages and Tinderbox problems via bugs; this is a departure from handling things on IRC.
- The new daylight saving time occurs next week; we're starting to look at what'll be affected this week.
- We will be turning off the build Macs in the office at the end of April; materially, this means binus, boxset, hilo, and pawn. We have supported hardware in the colo to move these builds to; we can also ship these Macs to those doing builds for community projects if they want to continue using them as build machines.
- More details will be coming in the following weeks, but we're working on getting dedicated, community accessible build resources in the community network; we've been working with IT and SethB to make sure we have the proper environments for these projects. This is especially relevant given the Tinderbox support switchover above.
- Test Execution
- Final testing and certification of Thunderbird 188.8.131.52
- 184.108.40.206 partner build testing
- Partner testing [timr, tracy, thcung, tomcat, others)
- Ran the Partner test tool on 1.5.x/2.x [alice]
- Test Development
- Partner testing tool. Took a quick tool provided by thunder, extended it to 1.5.x, added output of build id [alice]
- Tools and infrastructure
- Litmus: bug 370211: work on integrating test runs into the "Run Tests" process -> criteria selection screen and error checking [coop]
- Helped Seneca College with a special test day on Thursday
- Attended security bug busting meeting [bc]
- Team members helping a bunch with big Build automation push [coop, robcee]
Product Management and Marketing Updates
- Web content development for TB2 launch continues -- well on our way for web l10n.
- We'll need to rev in-product web content for Fx 220.127.116.11
- South by Southwest Interactive Festival this weekend in Austin -- any Mozilla community members who are attending the show are welcome to stop by our booth or our barbecue Monday night.
- Welcome John Slater to the marketing team here at MoCo.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- shaver is at GDC
- Went through about 385 add-ons in last 4-5 days
- Database migration from AMO v2 -> Remora today
- Posted blog about schedule
- preview.addons.mozilla.org will be updated and community testing with up-to-date data will resume today
- Final deployment set for March 15th to allow time for feedback from community
- started thinking about dynamic l10n management in AMOv3
- Build automation -- config bootstrap
- oremj rewrote bouncer2 bounce script using Python/mod_python
- Look to load test bouncer2 this week since we're between releases (will test both script and compare) -- all using oremj's log replay script
- Looking at Socorro this week, the front-end of Breakpad (formally Airbag) -- getting up to speed on what sayrer and ted have done since Jan.
- FOSDEM Update