« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- [Use *1 to mute yourself]
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for attendance taking
Use "*1" (including the star) to mute yourself, if desired, to keep phone noise down.
- Fx and Tb 22.214.171.124rc2 testing is nearly completed. Need to test Tb 126.96.36.199 updates.
- Fx 188.8.131.52 will require another respin (to RC3):
- When you upgrade CJKT builds from 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168rc2 the default search engine is changed
- https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=380429 (regression bug 364297)
- Respinning on Monday
- Beta release will be affected. Final release date might be pushed by a few days.
- We're looking for volunteers to help with the 2007 Mailnews Code Roundup in preparation for moving mailnews to use frozen linkage.
- Upcoming mailnews platform improvements .
- GFX: Landed textrun API changes, fixed bugs with justification and font resizing, more border rendering fixes. Linux perf reviews done.
- Layout: textrun-cache patch landed.
- Build Tools: Breakpad/mac landed.
- Cycle Collector Activities: dbaron, peterv, graydon, and sicking met last week. A patch was landed by sicking which showed significan performance improvement. Still more work to do. See: Cycle Collector Status
- Cocoa Migration: Blocker Bashathon: 8 Blockers Eliminated last week, 35 remaining. GO! GO! GO!
- GFX: Regressions from Borders, Cairo update.
- Layout: reflow regressions, more intl bugs.
- Yet Another Cycle Collector Meeting this Friday @ 11:30AM PDT.
- Continuing Cocoa Migration Blocker Bashathon: Meeting this Wednesday @ 3pm PDT
- Alpha 5 scheduled for end of May
- Please set Bugzilla's TargetMilestone field to Alpha5 if you have something being delivered for this upcoming alpha
- Places has six blockers left
- Site specific prefs service done, waiting on review
- Download manager move to mozstorage in progress, waiting on reviews and migration code/tests
- Password Manager still being reviewed for landing on trunk
- First pieces of web content handler support to land this week
- Current Firefox team status
- Interns: Michael Wu and Steve Won starting later this week
- AMO in .nl - rolled out, but demand was too high, so failed back. Shipping faster hardware out
- Performance machines up and running - doing OS installs
- Working on spam filters for mozilla.org/.com
- Breakpad & Hg setup - access granted to users
- Round one of ESX migrations done - rest to resume after the release
- Bouncer2 (almost done) and AUS2 (still in planning) migration to San Jose
- Working with IT on moving Bouncer2 and AUS2 in the next couple of weeks; should have no external visible impacts.
- Finished round 1 of the VMware migrations last week; we'll continue with the others after the 2004/150twelve release goes out; we'll also be talking about how to make this process smoother for rounds 2 and 3, since there was some tree closure hiccups last week.
- Community VM progress: looks like the read-only CVS stuff is ready; the last part is getting a Talkback drop for community projects to use; coop is working on this, and then we'll be able to hand over the machines.
- Automation work continues...
First two interns arrived: ispiked/Adam Guthrie and ashughes/Anthony Hughes
- Test Execution
- 22.214.171.124/126.96.36.199 RC testing [juanb, marcia, many others]
- bug 357583 is fixed. Did some fuzz testing accessibility stuff, there is still 1 bug (probably) that I need to minimize and file. [mw22]
- Test Development
- Fx3 feature area test breakdown posted on Google Spreadsheets. This is a tracking spreadsheet for the status of new features and QA team development for those features. This will be published later this week. [tchung]
- Minotaur preference testing tool is being handed off from Alice to Clint. Added document about how to run existing tests.
- Tools and Infrastructure
- Did troubleshooting on an intermittent crash on Win2003, apparently, caused by some funny thread conversion code only on windows2003. [robcee]
- Perf tools: Improved the stability of framework. Added code to stop the web page cycler if a page fails to load after a given amount of time - it then quits and reports to the framework what page it failed on. Added code to have it quit the test run if ts fails (if ts doesn't run correctly there is no point in continuing with tp) - this could happen for a bad build [alice]
- Changed Spidering scripts to use new -uri command line argument [bc]
- Litmus: Completed first pass at a script for Tracy for submitting eggplant results to Litmus. Fixed trusted_only search regression and Litmus::XML errors that were preventing result submission via web services. [coop]
- Working on Customer Support. See notes [ss, jay]
- QMO - QA community portal - alpha testing is continuing [jay and many others]
- Firefox 3 - message development underway.
- Enduser Support - First two feedback sessions complete. The final open forum discussion is this Tuesday at 10 am. The team will be presenting their plan of action on Thursday, and will have two open feedback sessions (2pm on Thursday and 10 am next Tuesday). More details here: http://samuelsidler.com
- Event process and calendar up on SFX now. First triage call this Friday to discuss events pipeline.
- Approval on OSCON plan, will roll out plan/timeline shortly to folks.
- Official Mozilla Blog: Design and name selection still in process. See http://www.spreadfirefox.com/node/27485 for more info.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- sunbird add-ons are now browsable
- Supporting 17+2 languages on the site
- graph of new users
- Moz-eu CMS
- Accounts are setup, discussing some details about security on svn.m.o
- bugs 372282 and 380407 are also relevent
- Build tasks
- Migrated mirrors for b2
- Importing products from bouncer1 to bouncer2
- Worked on post-stage step verification, building off b1 vs. b2 script
- More pgsql, then bsmedberg slapped a lot of the problems upside the head this weekend (he rocks!)
- Topcrashers reports
- Meeting today @ 4pm about osl -> mpt migration
- Spent time on patches for...
- bug 376409 -- frankenfox but for fx 2 updates that have schema version 1
- bug 376407 -- in above case, return a complete update instead of just "no updates"
- bug 368578 -- log cases where 'no updates' was offered to get a handle on how many requests are invalid
For Mozilla Foundation activities for the week ending May 11, 2007 please see the status reports from Frank, Gerv, and Zak.
- Mitchell's blog post and ongoing discussion about XULRunner and the Mozilla platform