« previous week | index | next week »
- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 4, 2007)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
TIME CHANGE NOTICE: Daylight Saving Time (DST) ends this Sunday. New meeting time next week will be 21:00 UTC.
Friends of the Tree
Chris Hofmann writes in, "After years of hard work on minimo and mobile efforts, a mozilla based browser on nokia n810 mobile device won best of show at CTIA "Special congratulations to active patch contributors timeless and antonio gomes (aka tonikitoo) and the teams behind them in Finland and Manaus, Brazil for all the hard work that went into making this happen. dougt deserves a lot of credit as well.... these guys rock! "
Marcia nominated Reed Loden, for his "for his tireless commitment to all things mozilla. He has been checking in a whole bunch of patches for folks and keeping Firefox humming along. He helps us with releases and also does a lot of bugzilla work, handling many bugzilla requests."
SethB writes, "I'd like to nominate Justin Scott (Fligtar). During the launch of Operation Firefox, a few last minute changes that were pretty important had to be made to the site. Fligtar corrected a few pieces of the OFx website in an amazing turnaround time. And, he has been providing regular participation statistics about the contest. Fligtar is the man!
Just a reminder, if you see someone going above and beyond, please nominate them as a Friend of the Tree by sending me (Asa) a quick email with a short description of their good deed. Thanks.
Fx 188.8.131.52 / Fx 184.108.40.206
- FF 2009rc1 basic testing in progress; to be completed this afternoon
- FF 2009 updates to beta users going out today
- Three beta blockers remaining: Unified Toolbar for OS X, Cycle Collector JS Bug, and XBL Binding/Flashblock (due to regressions). All three have patches and are top priority.
- Freeze will happen once we reach zero beta blockers.
- Prioritizing for the next beta.
- Hoping to wrap b1 up soon and reopen tree for M10
- Perf meetings this week, sayrer and Ryan in Toronto with mconnor and gavin
- Beltzner and mconnor looking at blocker list for traditional post-beta cutdown
- Stage migration update.
- infrastructure is up - testing is going well.
- planing for a hard cutover on 11/8.
- More kernel upgrades soon, downtime announcement to come.
- OpenVZ setup to help simulate production cluster and load.
- MySQL cluster experimentation. Could help with scaling mysql.
- FF2008 wall clock times at: http://oduinn.com/2007/10/28/firefox-2008-by-the-wall-clock-numbers/
- FF2009 in progress
- TB2009 next? FF3.0b1?
- major updates being pushed out to Q1, 2008
- stage migration switchover
- starting automation on trunk
- FSOSS: Send feedback to Mary or share on forum.
- CDC UNLUX 2007 :: Connecting Points, Lujan, Argentina, 11/3: Guillermo Movia & Felipe Lerena of Mozilla Argentina speaking.
- Cal State East Bay SBDC's Technology and Innovation Summit, Mountain View, 11/8: Asa Dotzler & Doug Turner speaking.
- Recent Advances in Assistive Technology & Engineering, Sheffield, UK, 11/26 - 11/27: Steve Lee, contributor, speaking.
- Open Source Asia Summit, Hong Kong, 11/26 - 11/30. Li Gong keynoting, as is Zak Greant and TC Liou (Mozilla Taiwan)
- 6th GNU & Linux Festival, 11/15 - 11/17, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. Chofmann speaking/community meet up.
- FOSS.in, Bangalore, 12/4 - 12/8: Finalizing agenda for Mozilla Project Day.
- Messaging docs:
- Firefox and Mozilla messaging documents posted to spreadfirefox.com.
- Moxie Street :: Mozilla, Kanye West and 50 Cent all featured in Winter issue.
- Extend Firefox and Operation Firefox :: Covered in a number of blogs.
- Prism media inquiries should be sent to email@example.com
- Ronaldo Lemos and Bruno Magrani from FGV in Brazil here for two days of meetings with teams here about collaborations between Mozilla and FGV.
- Operation Firefox:
- Quick update about the contest, including participation statistics, some press, and examples of entries and blog comments.
- Extend Firefox launched
- Judges announced last week - Jesse James Garrett, Joshua Schachter, Garrett Camp, Tariq Krim, Brendan Eich
- Event promotions kicked off and ongoing - AJAX, FSOSS, campus reps
- PR push to media outlets and bloggers gaining traction
- Banner ads running on Slashdot, launching this week on other developer sites
- Pulling together internal sources and past winners for periodic "developer chats" throughout contest. Please contact Rhian if you are willing to help!
- WebRunner renamed to Prism and launched with blog post
- announced on Thursday around 2:30pm PT
- followup posts with additional detail from Alex Faaborg and Mark Finkle
- lots of response from the blogosphere
- 35-70k downloads as of Monday at noon PT
- claims of disingenuousness from an Adobe evangelist
- a bunch of activity in the Prism forum (including many people trying it out, reporting issues, and requesting enhancements)
- Linux should be ready today or tomorrow; looking for help figuring out how to add shortcuts to the Applications menu on GNOME
- not sure when Mac will be available; looking for help figuring out how to launch an app bundle using a shell script
- some confusion about whether or not we're building a new platform; addressing this with a FAQ and a follow-up post later this week
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- SUMO updated to TW 1.10 - Milestone 0.1 complete this week
- University survey was launched (thanks Wil)
- Did some much needed triage for the AMO 3.2 milestone
- Remora reskin is underway (yay) after a lengthy design phase. Schedule is:
- Finish Global Layout and CSS (11/2)
- Home Page (10/7)
- Search page (11/12)
- Browse Page (11/14)
- Add-On Display page (11/16)
- Other Sub-pages (11/16)
- Testing (11/22)
- Rollout (12/8)
- Laura and Fred are working on improving AMO's search (see bug 400986)
- Patch is in for geo-to-ip location matching in Bouncer, thanks to Fred -- will start load testing in next 2 weeks
- Justin (fligtar) started work on tracking update pings in the developer control panel, which will provide better stats for add-on usage to all (see mock)
- Update pings and download counts are some items that will be available through the API Laura is working on (see API requirements)
- Grants and related expenditures
- Frank published a blog post on Mozilla Foundation grants and related expenditures for 2006.
- We posted the Mozilla Foundation 2006 Form 990 and 2006 consolidated financial statement to www.mozilla.org along with an accompanying FAQ, as noted in Mitchell's blog post.
- Frank attended FSOSS 2007 and met with representative from various Mozilla Foundation grantees, including Seneca College and the Adaptive Technology Resource Centre at the University of Toronto.
For more information see the individual status reports from David, Frank, Gerv, and Zak.