- 1:00pm Pacific time (21:00 UTC until March 9, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
Window Snyder nominates the entire Build Team for the quick turnaround on 20010 and the impressive response with follow-up 20011 in the same week. I (asa,) and I'm sure scores of others would second this nomination.
Fx 220.127.116.11 / TB 18.104.22.168
Firefox 22.214.171.124 shipped on Friday, November 30. (whew!) Planning work for Thunderbird 126.96.36.199 will begin now with Abillings and Dveditz. The scope of the release, bugs to be fixed, and state of check-ins needs to be examined. Following the TB 188.8.131.52 release, a major update will be planned to move 184.108.40.206 users to TB 2.0x.
- Tree closing Tue Dec 4th, 11:59pm for Beta 2. See devnews for more details.
- There are currently 15 P1 blockers remaining. A quick status on a few of them:
- JSON Bug is wrapping up this morning (or, rather afternoon). Sayre is finishing up the tests. Sayre's other P1 is on track as well.
- 3 of them are MathML related and may be pushed to Beta 3.
- The four XOW bugs are still underway and are at risk.
- b2 Freeze tomorrow night
- Awesomebar (aka "faabar") has 57% more awesome (go Faaborg/Seth!)
- Lots of Linux GTK look and feel wins
- Addons and Places security reviews complete, results are public (see Fx3 meeting notes for current links)
- Upcoming Work
- New DM design
- 98% more awesome in the awesomebar
- New rev of Proto
- First look at new Windows theme
- More perf work
- Bugzilla upgrades/fixes
- Upgrading to 3.0.2 (from just after 3.0) http://www.bugzilla.org/releases/3.0.2/release-notes.html
- Various perf fixes/improvements
- Moving into the cluster for performance (possibly next week)
- Working on PHP5 & MySQL5 migrations with webdev
- Soccoro fixes/perf improvements
- Releases, releases (220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168)
- Bouncer DB migration was completed to more resilient hardware
- thanks for all the help last week
- trunk automation work continues
- expect FF3.0b2 to be at least partially automated. stay tuned.
- stage migration work on hold
- Completed final update and live testing and released 22.214.171.124 on Monday, Nov 26th
- Tested 126.96.36.199, an urgent release due to a canvas regression. Completed smoke tests, L10n testing, Update testing, A11y testing, focused testing, and live testing. It was released on Friday, Nov 30th! [abillings, tchung, tomcat, others]
- Worked with joduinn on figuring out the Domino "regression". See bug 405643 [tomcat, ss]
- Followed up on PPC Mac crash reports that started to come in after we shipped [marcia]
FFx 3 [tchung-QA Lead]
- Tested Places. Verified 25 bug fixes. General feature testing. Planning how to test upcoming landings for: Location bar auto-complete and JSON which will affect import/export and backup [tracy, abillings]
- worked with new Addons Manager UI team [tchung]
- Setup B2 test plan [tchung]
- Filed, investigated, created test cases, and even fixed 13 bugs in the XP toolkit and printing areas! [mw22]
- inlitmus? cleanup - triaged ~60 out of ~150 bugs requesting litmus test cases
- Tiger team testing. [ marcia, abillings, tomcat, tracy, tchung stephend
- Found out the regression range for a very elusive Window-Eyes/Firefox 3 bug. The problem is that, once opening a link in a new tab, the original page blanks out on WE. No bug number on this yet, since we are not sure yet whether this is actually a Firefox bug or a WE one. [marcoz]
WebDev Testing [stephend]
- Spent a lot of time with morgamic on extension blocklist testing for bug 404554 and bug 382356, trying to get it to work; in the process, we uncovered a bug in blocklisting, which rstrong filed
- Next will testing Rock your Firefox 0.6 and ramping up on Remora
- Created images for mac tiger/leopard, vista
- Turned back on tsvg tests. See bug 404405
- linux memory problems fixed. vlad checked in a fix to bug 403481 (memory leak issue on linux)
- Rebooted the machines to get X to a normal size, now everything is fine
- Still need to get winxp boxes pushed to production. See bug 404593
- Made progress on JS test automation and the sisyphus project. Updated build steps for Linux. Added branch to js shell build steps. Opt and debug browser builds running daily. We expect an easy port to mac (should be a drag and drop install). Windows might be more challenging. [robcee, bc]
- Contacted dbaron and rsayrer about porting reftests and mochikit tests to 1.8 branch. Seems possible, but more work remains. [bc]
- bug 393470: admins can set subgroups for testdays
- Increased wait_timeout for db connections to address server errors reported by stephend and jeremy baron
- Removed 1.0.x and Fx 1.5 testcases/groups/components. This should help speed our searches for FFx 2 and FFx3 test case results.
- Sent out emails to website designers/firms to start QMO redesign bidding process. Bidding deadline is 12/10, and we hope to make the final decision that week on who we will work with. Schedule for redesign is mid-January (ETA 1/8)
- Better engaging community with product pages: Wrote outline for redesign of Minefield/Gran Paradiso products/firstrun pages and passed on to UE team (beltzner/madhava). Will use feedback to get started on a mockup for QA review (ETA 12/18)
- Test days: No test day last week. This Friday we are planning to focus on places, password manager and new urlbar.
- Spread the word of the new a11y features in Firefox 3 to some key German blindness-related mailing list and got people interested. Some of them are holding off until B2 will be available in German, or Trunk gets green on the German version, since they're not comfortable with English. Generally, feedback was very positive. Also had a couple of people seriously considering to switch to Thunderbird along the discussion. [marcoz]
- Team is on the ground now in Bangalore for FOSS.IN running 12/4-12/8.
- 0.2 milestone scheduled to be completed this week
- Easier for contributors to edit articles
- Easier for reviewers to approve edits
- Plan for how to handle Firefox 2/3 content concurrently in an article
- link MSFT security FUD
- Responded to MSFT fix-counting study (blogging, press calls, etc.)
- Second issue of about:mozilla published!
- Prepared for today's mini-launch of For the Record.
- Planning for 2008 events (developer and otherwise). Tell us (email@example.com) why you think Mozilla participating in your favourite event will help make the world and the web a better place. Please include information on the expected audience, most appropriate presentations, and contact information for event organizers.
- Chris Blizzard submitted a talk proposal to SCALE about Firefox on Linux.
- Blizzard also working out arrangements for Mozilla to join GNOME Advisory Board.
- Seth B. and other l10n stakeholders worked out criteria for evaluating proposals for L10N tool work, and they're starting to evaluate some proposals this week.
- Seth has also been working on a Mozilla "loaner programme" to add some flexibility to the Community Giving programme; look for a blog post on that tomorrow (Tuesday)!
- Extend Firefox
- 39 entries to date, contest ends Dec. 31, 2007
- Thanks to Mark Finkle and Dave Townsend for last weeks extension developer chat on AirMozilla. Archives available online soon.
- Technical session schedule posted on the Extend Firefox site - next session is an IRC chat with Michael Wu next week, Thursday 12/13.
- Testing Extend Firefox entries - volunteers needed to test contest entries! Let Rhian know if you are willing to spend a couple of hours testing incoming extension contest entries.
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- Breakpad reporting app (socorro) updated in production -- fixes for memory problems and processor delay along with some UI refresh -- looking for Python contributors if you know anybody interested in helping
- AMO redesign moving along, mocks are partially done in HTML see progress -- planning on porting these to a stage server by Wed
- Security -- had some security discussions last week and will be looking to improve overall practices in Q1 2k8
- Worked with Stephend on blocklist testing but was not able to get it to successfully block IDM... hope to resolve this week
- Update ping bug was a delay in master->slave replication that caused log files to be parsed multiple times; working on a fix for some issues from last week
- Other than that, lots of meetings and was really great to see everyone
- API 99% code complete! (yay Laura!)
- Grants and related activities
- Steve Lee (of the Foundation-funded Jambu project) provided a report on his participation in the RAatE conference.
- Frank received some new proposals for consideration.
- CAs and related issues
- Web sites
- David posted a proposed new Foundation page mockup for comment.
- Upcoming trips and related activities
- Frank will be in Mountain View on December 11 (afternoon) and 12.