- 1:00pm Pacific time (20:00 UTC until November 2, 2008)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 650 903 0800 x91 Conf# 8600 (US/International)
- +1 416 848 3114 x91 Conf# 8600 (Canada)
- +1 800 707 2533 (pin 369) Conf# 8600 (US Toll Free)
- join irc.mozilla.org #staffmeeting for backchannel
note: all participants are muted automatically; if you want to talk, press *1 to un-mute yourself
- 1 Friends of the Tree
- 2 Development Updates
- 3 Foundation Updates
- 4 Internship update
- 5 Roundtable
- 6 Other Business
Fx 188.8.131.52 / Fx 184.108.40.206 / TB 220.127.116.11 / TB 18.104.22.168
Firefox 22.214.171.124 is on track to ship tomorrow at ~3pm PDT. After which, we're going to do a short-cycle follow up (Firefox 126.96.36.199). A proposed schedule is available.
As a result of our short-cycle Firefox 188.8.131.52, we've scrapped Thunderbird 184.108.40.206. You'll see a new reincarnation going by the name of Thunderbird 220.127.116.11.
- Shared Tb/Calendar/SeaMonkey hg repository strategy decided; KaiRo already has a test repo up and building!
- dmose blogged a proposal for when and how to ship Thunderbird 3
- Code freeze for Tb3 Alpha 2 one week from tomorrow: July 8, 2008, 23:59 PDT
- Look here for interesting queries related to Gecko 1.9.1.
- Tracking 17 1.9.1 blockers.
- 78 wanted bugs
- 21 P1s. These are bugs we feel would really, really make a good release if we had a solid handful completed.
- 20 P2s. These are medium complexity bugs/changes that are nice to have.
- 19 P3s. The lowest priority bugs for this release. These are the ones that we will definitely take, but the others take priority.
- First issue of about:mobile published, subscribe here or alternatively read it here.
- Installation and automatic update tutorial for Fennec releases on N8x0-series devices.
- breakpad scaling
- ramping up for ff 18.104.22.168 release
- finish off ff3 debrief
- Tinderbox tree renaming.
- Details in bug 441945 and bhearsum's post to dev.planning
- Doing FF3.0.1 and FF22.214.171.124 on Wednesday; two releases on the same day!?!?
Firefox 3.0/3.1 [tchung]
- Followed up Hendrix/Mozillazine/Reporter/etc Feedback [marcia, marcoz, and others]
- Installed the Flash 10 Beta and did some compatibility testing [marcia]
- Participated in the Fx3 Release Postmortem meeting [tchung and others]
Firefox 3.0.1 - Created a schedule and a testplan for 3.0.1. Triaging bugs and verifying bug fixes. Forms manager bug triage with Dolske [tomcat, hali, juan, others]
- Schedule for testing has been created. builds expected on july 2nd
- Fx3.0.1 Testplan in the works [tchung]
Firefox/Thunderbord 2.0.0.x - [ss, abillings]
- Went to beta with [[Firefox:126.96.36.199:Test_Plan|Firefox 188.8.131.52] RC3. See checklist. triaging bugs
- Completed 184.108.40.206 Smoketests, betatest and beta channel testing [abillings, tomcat, hali]
- Started planning for 220.127.116.11
Webdev testing [stephend]
- AMO - Verified 12 bugs for AMO 3.4.5. Began working on a separate Selenium test suite for search.
- SUMO testing- shipped the SUMO reskin! See the Test Plan. Verified 32 FIXED bugs
Automated Test Development
- Updated spider to run on 3.1 and 3.0.1 [bc]
- Completed calibration runs if the JS Sisyphus test suite on ~19 OS configurations against trunk code. [bc]
- Added Accessibility tests for fixes to bug 438784 and bug 440770, along with several new chrome tests. See bug 441737 and bug 441519.
- Got a patch ready for Scriptaculous integration. This is an externally developered test suite we use for JS compatibility. [harthur, ctalbert]
- Gristmill - Completed a major project to update the mozmill API. Completed theJSbridge callback system. Working with pilot users (hali, abillings) to get early test developer feedback. [mikeal, adam, ctalbert]
- Fixed several Accessibility bugs: bug 438784, bug 441610 (which mostly affects Thunderbird, but is actually a platform bug), and bug 440770.
- Held a Firefox 3.0.1Nightly Places test day on Friday. See results
- Worked on several QMO Bugzilla module features such as: Unlimited pages, Integrated Timeplot into display (http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Timeplot), functionality and sync with Bugzilla [paulc]
- OSCON- Submitted proposal for OSCON BOF. Worked with Mary to provide the full submission for the session presentation. [ctalbert]
- Computerworld: Firefox 3.0 wins memory battle
- Vote for Mozilla in Fast Company's Fast 50 2008
- Firefox 3 awarded CNET Editor's Choice Award
- Brendan Q&A in InfoWorld
- Brendan featured in Scripting Languages feature
- Judges have finished review, Guinness is currently reviewing our collateral.
Spread Firefox Affiliates Program
- Working on a refresh of the program. For the latest information please see: http://wiki.mozilla.org/Affiliates
- and input welcome here: http://www.spreadfirefox.com/affiliates
- New theme (updated to go well with the new mozilla.com) 
- Extra special thanks to kbrausz, laura, stephend, and jslater
- Weekly SUMO dev meeting on Tuesdays at 9:00 AM PDT
- Releasing 0.6 this week (see the roadmap for more info)
- Over 10 million active FF3 users (!)
- Deki based MDC is nearly ready for its final round of testing. Hoping to get that started this week.
- Labs Night (Lightning talks, covering Weave and Mobile)
- Weave Release Today
- Labs Redesign
Webdev, Add-ons, AMO
- AMO 3.4.5 release scheduled code freeze on Wed (7/2), public push on Tues (7/8)
- Updated the AMO product roadmap
- SUMO redesign launched
- Data import has been set back until Wednesday -- ran into some issues with partitioning
- Processor had missing symbols last week, issue was resolved
- Database is humming along otherwise, which is great news -- thanks for Aravind for his help with this
- Verbatim (l10n app) -- presentation last week went well, thanks to all those who came
- Velocity conference -- webdev attended, pretty decent conference
- Wikipedia gentlemen visited Mozilla office Wednesday afternoon and gave a repeat of their Velocity presentation -- thanks to them for stopping by!
- Front-end coding guidelines finalized
- Met with Harvey and team regarding new Prior Art project, very excited about this
- Working on labs site redesign with labs team
- Graph server
- Graph server should all be in Hg thanks to alice
- Working on setup instructions and documentation to get dev environments set up
- Work on 0.3 milestone shortly after we get set up
- Axel is working with build to make starting new localizations easier
- Fx3.0.2 will fix webmail and webcal handlers to include GMail and MSN LiveMail for locales and 3.0.1 for en-US
- Funded development of Toolkit by translate.org.za
- Foundation future
- Lots of people have been posting recently on the topic of what the Mozilla Foundation should be doing in the future. Check out the blog posts from David Eaves, Mark Surman (including a followup), Glyn Moody, and Mozilla's own David Ascher and Mitchell Baker. There's also lots of good stuff in the comments to the posts.
- CAs and related issues
- Gerv worked on a number of projects, including tracking Google Summer of Code work for Mozilla-related projects, updating the public suffix list, working toward the proposed Bugzilla reorganization, review of a new proposal for site security policies, posting a collection of "party favors" for Mozilla/Firefox parties, and various other things.
- David was on vacation last week.
- Upcoming activities
- David, Gerv, and Zak will be attending OSCON (July 21-25 in Portland OR) and the Firefox Summit (July 29-31 in Whistler BC). Frank will be attending the Firefox Summit but not OSCON.
We have the following interns for today's internship presentations:
- Dan C (IT)
- Ulili (Marketing)
- Rob (platform)
- Paul O. (Firefox)
- Dan S. (Web Dev)
- Wei (UX)
- Heather (QA)