- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Gecko
- 5.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- 5.4 Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 5.5 Thunderbird
- 5.6 SeaMonkey
- 5.7 Mobile
- 5.8 IT
- 5.9 Release Engineering
- 5.10 QA
- 5.11 Automation & Tools
- 5.12 Security
- 5.13 Marketing/PR
- 5.14 Support
- 5.15 Metrics
- 5.16 Evangelism
- 5.17 Labs
- 5.18 Developer Tools
- 5.19 Add-ons
- 5.20 Webdev
- 5.21 L10n
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Foundation Updates
- 8 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Monday, 22 March
Tuesday, 23 March
Wednesday, 24 March
Thursday, 25 March
Friday, 26 March
- Next OpenSource Meetup in Munich/Germany - will Demo BYOB (Build your own Browser) and Fennec there - Tomcat
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Fun Bugzilla Tools||Atul Varma||Some tools I made to make Bugzilla easier to use.||dashboard user-finder bug-filer [ qexportbz bug]|
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Status Updates By Team
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
QA and release teams are quickly checking the risk of 1.9.2 patches, to see if we can get 3.6.2 out early this week.
Old Branch work: Firefox 3.0.x / Thunderbird 2.0.0.x
- 3.0.4 (includes survey & funnelcake infrastructure)
- 18.104.22.168 released
- Plans for major update of 2.0.0.x users in progress
- 3.1b2 string/feature freeze planned for tomorrow (Tuesday, at 23:59 Pacific)
- At risk; will decide today whether or not to slip one week
graphs.mozilla.orgissues bug 553590
- Continue to see resource (memory) exhaustion issues
- Hoping bug 554023 fixes the issues
- Was seeing NFS-related performance issues
- Completed RAM upgrade Saturday
- enabled packaged tests for Linux 64 - blog post
Planned this week
- QA General
- Formulated requirements with utest for test case manager 2
- QA Q2 goals first draft created, need to be posted
- Test Execution
- Fx3.6.2 needs some immediate testing attention and bug verications.
- Lots of 3.7 Feature testing to be done. See our projects here.
- Need to determine plan of action for Windows fennec testing
- Test Automation
- formalize Mozmill automation for Addons
- Web QA
- Pushing AMO on 3/23
- Pushing SUMO 1.52 on 3/25
- Pushing SUMO 1.53 on 3/30
- More automated test writing and execution
- Ship 0.6.0 version of Plugin Check. awaiting sec-review and bug 552249
- QA Community
- QA meetup on Firefox.next Feature Exploration on 3/24
Accomplished last week
- Test Execution
- Multiple Test coverage this week on Fx.3.5.9, Fx3.6.2, and Fx3.7a3
- Lift your glasses for a special goodbye coverage on Fx3.0.19, Tb22.214.171.124
- Testing of Firefox 3.next projects are up in full swing. Test Plan is always updated. ping juanb or tchung for needed qa coverage of your areas.
- Running through jetpack sdk tutorial
- Fennec winmo support halted
- Web QA
- Shipped SUMO 1.5.2
- Shipped a special [ emergency performance] edition of GetPersonas.com (Not Planned)
- Crash Kill
- QA Community
Automation & Tools
- Completed Windows Mobile Test Framework
- Ready to drop in Android for the platform
- First pass at UI for crash automation and valgrind unittest automation is finished, but not on a permanent server yet.
- HALReftest (hardware accelerated graphics) testing extension mac port completed, results database live, testing with D2D builds on windows this week.
- Getting Android agent up to speed, now that WinMo effort has eclipsed
- More notes here.
- Developer Summit - Caching - April 5, 2010; Mountain View, CA. We will have a meeting at Mozilla HQ to discuss caching in the browsers.
- ROFLCon II April 30 - May 1, 2010; Boston, MA. We have a join sponsorship with the Mozilla Foundation and will be live streaming and archiving the event with HTML5 open video.
- Processing.js Boston - April 10, 2010; Boston, MA. Looking into putting together an event with the Processing.js team.
- JSConf.US April 17-18, 2010; Washington, DC. We are sponsoring this event. We will also have Mitcho, one of our Jetpack Ambassadors conducting a Jetpack talk and putting together Jetpack hacking session in the lounge.
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Gen will be participating in this event.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. More information to come soon.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- Cross-browser version of plugin check to be launched soon - will feature plugin check support for all modern browsers.
- Launched 0.5 version of new user engagement page
- Working with Happy Cog on IA review of web universe...more details and opportunities to weigh in with input coming soon.
- Open to Choice:
- Here's how to help:
- Banners: Place an affiliate button on your website or blog.
- Twitter: Follow us on Twitter, add a Twibbon to your profile or RT @opentochoice news. Or help provide a localized tweet.
- Blog: Share your perspective on Browser Choice (see FuzzyFox's blog post).
- Set up a social media campaign in your region. Mozilla Hispano have set up a great one on Tuenti.
- Share the new Facebook tab.
- Here's how to help:
- We hit 1 Million Firefox fans on Facebook - congrats everyone :)
- We'll be featuring fan photos for the next few days.
- See Tara's blog post.
- Campus Reps:
- We'll be launching a campus reps guide on studentreps.mozilla.org in Q2 that will be localized in at least 6 locales.
- With this launch we're rebranding the program to "Student Reps" to better reflect the global makeup of the group.
- See William Reynold's presentation on 3/17 for more details.
- Community Marketing Call: Please see notes & video from last week's call. Next call is Wednesday March 31st at 10 a.m. PST/17:00 UTC. Please send agenda items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Community Spotlight/Best Practices: Please help us collect case studies on all the great stuff you've done from events to marketing campaigns to design work. Please submit it here.
- Uptake of Firefox 3.6 update offer has been amazing
- Test Pilot
- SDK 0.2 tentatively scheduled for release this week
- release is focused on bug fixes and OS support (particularly Windows)
- As of Friday, Bespin 0.7 ("Ped Xing") still had a couple of P1 bugs, so the release is now expected the week of the 22nd.
- A cross browser version of the Plugin Check page is available on www-trunk. Please help us test this page and file a bug.
Introducing New Hires
- Matt Brubeck (mbrubeck) joins the mobile front-end team, working remotely from Seattle.