- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Speakers
- 5 Status Updates By Team
- 5.1 Firefox
- 5.2 Gecko
- 5.3 Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- 5.4 Thunderbird
- 5.5 SeaMonkey
- 5.6 Mobile
- 5.7 IT
- 5.8 Release Engineering
- 5.9 QA
- 5.10 Automation & Tools
- 5.11 Security
- 5.12 Engagement
- 5.13 Support
- 5.14 Metrics
- 5.15 Evangelism
- 5.16 Labs
- 5.17 Developer Tools
- 5.18 Add-ons
- 5.19 Webdev
- 5.20 L10n
- 6 Introducing New Hires
- 7 Foundation Updates
- 8 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Monday, 17 May
Tuesday, 18 May
- Brown bag by Murugan Pal "Next Generation Textbooks: Free, Flexible, Digital" 12:30pm PST, in Ten-Forward, also on Air Mozilla.
Wednesday, 19 May
- Mozilla-hosted Selenium Meetup on the second floor, with around 100 people attending. Anyone interested in attending the meetup is welcome - RSVP to Marcia if you wish to attend so you can be included in the food count.
- Brown bag by Jono X on How To Write A Test Pilot Study, 12:30pm PST, in Ten-Forward, also on Air Mozilla.
Thursday, 20 May
Friday, 21 May
Testday on Testing the Grafx Bot Extension and Direct 2D! Join us on #testday on irc.mozilla.org.
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Your Title Here||Your Name Here||What are you going to talk about?||Links to slides or images you want displayed on screen||Link to where audience can find out more information|
Status Updates By Team
We're still (still! still) testing the version of Firefox 3.6 with plugins running out of process. Are you running the beta yet, to help us test? Awesome, thanks for your help! We knew we could count on you.
Dig that hep Planet Firefox for all the latest!
Branch work: Firefox 3.5.x / Firefox 3.6.x / Thunderbird 3.0.x
- Firefox 3.6.4 (build 4!) will go to public beta tomorrow, 5/18.
- Final ship date is undetermined and will be based on beta feedback and addressing a few outstanding bugs related to Out of Process Plugins (OOPP).
- Firefox 3.5.10 has been in beta for over a week and is waiting for the Firefox 3.6.4 release in order to ship in tandem with 3.6.4.
- 3.1RC1 code freeze was last Friday; we didn't quite hit the deadline
- new date to be set by tomorrow morning
- Wrapping up Phoenix Weave production buildout
- Now serving
www.mozilla.comfrom both CDNetworks & EdgeCast
- Rolled out PowerDNS while doing so
- Mountain View Office Internet Connectivity issues (bug 555794)
- stripped out the IPSEC VPN
- still working through issues
- QA Highlites
- New Hires
- Geo Mealer starts in Automation group, June 2
- Tanay Gavankar, WebQA start today, May 17!
- Desktop Firefox QA
- 3.6.4 beta shipped.
- Prepare for 3.5.10 release next week.
- Mobile QA
- Waverley software started nightly fennec build testing. Results are on the plan.
- Weave 1.3
- testing 1.3 build 5 client on production systems.
- Baseline performance measurements with uTest completed on Thurs. On hold for full load testing until next week.
- Web QA
- *Shipped/pushed AMO 5.10.1, 5.10.2, 5.10.3
- QA Services
- Completed shooting of promo video for QMO 2.0 launch. Waiting to view rough cut next week.
Automation & Tools
- Grafx Bot Test Day for Hardware Acceleration testing on Friday! Join us in #testday.
- TopFails improvements
- More details here
- The Associated Press: Firefox 4 has simpler design, more privacy control
- The Washington Post: Firefox developers outline next version
- CNN: Director: Firefox 4 will be 'fast, powerful'
- WIRED: Firefox 4: Leaner, faster, more powerful
- VentureBeat: Mozilla’s Firefox 4 vision looks a lot like Google Chrome
- CNET News: Firefox 4 release plan: The need for speed
- CNET News: Mozilla expands plug-in check to other browsers
- PC Pro: Mozilla extends plugin checker to rival browsers
- The Register:Mozilla detects insecure plugins for IE, Chrome, Safari
- e27 echelon 2010 June 1-2, 2010; Singapore. Gen will be participating in this event.
- Open Source Bridge 2010 - June 1-4, 2010; Portland, OR - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- LinuxTag 2010 June 9-12, 2010; funding from Mozilla Europe is secured; Mozilla staff and community will manage a 12m2 booth at Europe's largest Linux tech fair; Tristan Nitot, Paul Rouget and Brian King all confirmed to give keynote talks; Carsten Book and WQ leading community outreach and organization
- Black Hat USA 2010 July 24-29, 2010; Las Vegas, NV - Look into putting together the "traditional" Mozilla milk & cookies party.
- GUADEC 2010 - July 24-30, 2010; Netherlands. We are sponsoring at the bronze level. no Mozilla talks schedules.
- Open Video Conference 2010 - October 1-2, 2010; New York, NY - Looking over sponsorship opportunities.
- BlogHer '10 - August 6-7, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- Renegade Craft Fair Chicago 2010 - September 11-12, 2010 - Looking into sponsorship opportunities.
- London Add-ons Challenge (name TBC): Exploring two consumer-focused events in SF & London.
- Community Marketing Call: Thanks for joining us last Wednesday. Here are notes + video from last week.
- Please feel free to use Pascal's labs overview for presentations of your own.
- Next call is May 26th.
- Student Reps:
- Shipped Socorro 1.6.3: now you can use advanced search to find just crashes, just hangs, or both.
Introducing New Hires
- Welcome Ricky Rosario! Ricky will be working alongside James Socol on the support.mozilla.com project, helping us improve our support exprience for all Firefox users.