« previous week | index | next week »
- 1 Video for today's meeting
- 2 Friends of the Tree
- 3 Upcoming Events
- 4 Product Status Updates
- 5 Speakers
- 6 Status Updates By Team
- 7 Introducing New Hires
- 8 Introducing New Interns
- 9 Foundation Updates
- 10 Roundtable
Video for today's meeting<video controls="controls">
Friends of the Tree
The July Dev Derby allows anyone to show the world what they can do with HTML5 video and compete for prizes in the process. Please spread the word and encourage others to participate.
The Dev Derby team is very proud of a successful June Derby and is preparing to announce winners in a couple of weeks.
Monday, 11 July
Tuesday, 12 July
Wednesday, 13 July
Thursday, 14 July
Brownbag, 12:30; 10 Forward
Tobias Leingruber is in town from Berlin, and he'll give an introduction of the ongoing Demoparty project, an initiative to foster artful exploration of open web technologies, building a bridge between Demoscene artists and HTML5/JS/CSS3/WebGL enthusiasts to show-off their skills and what browers are capable of.
See some cool demos that people have created so far and hear more about our events + online competition
Teaser: Pictures of the Helsinki Event and the Winning Demo
Friday, 15 July
Product Status Updates
Firefox Future (6, 7, 8)
- The source code migrations took place on Tuesday, 2011-07-05 (on schedule)
- Thanks to everyone who helped in the war room!
- We offered Firefox 7 (desktop) to the Aurora channel on Thursday, 2011-07-07
- There are currently discussions about mobile creating an Aurora channel
- We offered Firefox 6 (desktop and mobile) to the Beta channel on Friday, 2011-07-08
Firefox Current (3.6, 4.0, 5.0)
- We created Firefox 5.0.1 and 3.6.19 to work around Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) issues (see the blog post for details)
- We had to create an out-of-band update because Lion is coming before 6 but after 5
- Apple hasn't announced a date more exact than "July"
- We pushed Firefox 3.6.19 to the 3.6 beta audience on Friday, 2011-07-08
- Thanks to QA and RelEng for the quick turnaround and working late on a Friday!
- We did not push 5.0.1 to anyone (as the beta channel is running 6)
- Some users appear to have downloaded it from ftp already though
- We hope to release both today (Monday, 2011-07-11) and hope to only offer updates for Mac users
- No sense having all users download / install updates for a Mac-specific bug, but there are some mechanical issues to work out still
- Note that there is no need for a Firefox mobile 5.0.1
- We've seen some questions about 3.6 EOL. Short answer: still thinking/discussing, canceled a previously scheduled meeting
- We have committed to releasing Firefox 3.6.20 (previously it was 3.6.19, but the update above took that version number), shipping at the same time as Firefox 6
- More 3.6 details/planning later in August
- Thunderbird 6 went to Beta channel and Thunderbird 7 went to Aurora channel last week
The limit is 3 minutes per speaker. It's like a lightning talk, but don't feel that you have to have slides in order to make a presentation.
|Infrastructure Security Training Brownbags||Michael Coates||Regularly scheduled security brownbags for hands-on security hacking & learning||https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAppSec#Schedule||https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAppSec#Schedule|
|Bugzilla Security Keywords||Curtis Koenig (phone)||Using the new security keywords||https://wiki.mozilla.org/images/2/2b/BZ_sec-keywords.pdf|| |
|Automated Speed Tests Results||Mark Côté||Quick discussion of results from the automated speed tests framework||http://brasstacks.mozilla.com/speedtests.html|| |
| Gary on NBC Press: Here
|| Melissa Shapiro
|| Gary Kovacs interviewed for NBC Press: Here
| Video time: What do you want the web to be?
|| Mike Morgan
| Just a feel-good video to start the week
Upcoming campaign: http://dailycavalier.com/2011/07/a-campaign-about-your-web-for-the-web/
Status Updates By Team
- mobile UX work week in Toronto this week
- QA Automation Services
- The new QA Automation Services team was announced last week. They will provide a signal point of reference for all QA Automation needs, working closely with QA, the A*Team and potential vendors that we may need.
- Browser Technologies
- Shipped Firefox 6 Beta for Mobile to Android Market
- Team workweek - Week of July 18th
- SUMO 2011-07-05
- AMO 6.1.4
- MDN: 0.9.7.1; minor fix
- QA Community
- Firefox 6 Testday this Friday, July 15th
- If you have out-of-control bug queries or features which need testing, please get in touch with Anthony Hughes (irc: ashughes) to get an event planned.
- Desktop Firefox QA
- We have been qualifying 5 branches, for their respective train departures: Fx6(beta), Fx7(aurora), 3.6.19/5.0.1, Fx6(beta) Mobile
- Fx6 (desktop and mobile) and Fx7 are done.
- Branches to follow this week.
Automation & Tools
- Started working with the releng folks on building faster
- Building dashboards for the effort to keep
- Speed tests are completed, been running for most of a quarter
- Special Powers is available in mochi-plain, mochi-chrome, and mochi-browser-chrome
- More notes are here
- Firefox 7 Shows Up on Aurora Channel, 6 Moves to Beta
- Firefox 7 pre-release with reduced memory footprint lands in Aurora channel
- Firefox 8 is 20% faster than Firefox 5, matches Chrome 14
- Firefox Aurora 7 to focus on performance, memory
- Mozilla Is Back: New Firefox Aurora 7 Looks Promising
- Firefox 6 beta available
- We are adding private messaging features to our Support platform this week. Help us by getting involved and providing feedback.
- Michelle Luna joined the SUMO team last week. She will be coordinating our mobile support efforts.
Introducing New Hires
- David Clarke - QA Automation Services
- Michelle Luna - Mobile Support Coordinator
- Havi Hoffman - Content Wrangler, Labs (Developer Engagement)
- Natalie Tan - Product PR Coordinator
- Joe Stevensen - Infrastructure Security
- Jeff Gilbert - Gfx
- Tim Abraldes - Platform Integration
- William LaChance - Automation & Tools
Introducing New Interns
- Annika Heinle, Engagement (started 7/5)
- Brian Burg, Research (started 7/5)
- Hannes Verschore, Platform (started 7/5)